Complaint Review: yahoo.com

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: kbenedetto — tustin California
yahoo.com
701 First Avenue sunnyvale, California USA

yahoo.com, xander, evans shut down my email account sunnyvale California

Yahoo shut down my email account for alleged violations of TOS.  we contracted an outside company (allinonetech.com) to help us.  they found 40 viruses on our computer and told us that someone had hacked our email account.  they cleaned up  the computer and contacted yahoo; to no avail.

for nearly 2 weeks we have been sending emails, calling customer care and filling out eforms asking them to detail what we did wrong to violate their rules.

they claim they can't tell what we did wrong to violate the TOS and that to do so would be illegal.  this is nonsense

i have inserted a copy of the most recent inquirery and responses below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yahoo! Customer Care
Date: Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Subject: unable to access account [Incident: 130517-022927]
To:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject

unable to access account

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Xander)

05/22/2013 02:38 PM

Hi David,

Yahoo! may, in appropriate circumstances and in its sole discretion, remove or edit any content; and/or terminate the accounts of users who appear to have violated the Terms and Conditions.

Any action taken is confidential. We will not release this information unless required to do so by law or under other similar circumstances.

We are unable to make exceptions to this rule.

Thanks,

Xander

Yahoo! Customer Care

Customer By Email (David Benedetto)

05/22/2013 11:58 AM

Again, I ask you what TOS did I violated?  No one has been able to answer this.  You have provided absolutely no proof  that I have done anything wrong.  You just keep sending me the same generic email over and over again.  Please write down what I did wrong.  When I call no one can  tell me.  When I write to you, I get  the same answer that I agreed to follow the TOS.  Yes I did, but I did not violate any part of the agreement.  My account was hacked into which I proved by hiring a company to check it out.  Then they  contacted you with their findings and still I get no definitive answer from you.  What do I have to do to get a straight answer?  You have a complete lack of respect for your customers nor can you believe that you made a mistake.  Why are you allowed to hold my mail hostage without some proof  that I violated our agreement.  Please, please, please, have someone contact me that knows what went wrong and how to fix it.  I don't need another email that only shows your ignorance and lack of respect for the situation.

Kathy Benedetto

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Yahoo! Customer Care wrote:

Response Via Email (Xander)

05/22/2013 11:04 AM

Hello David,

We appreciate your inquiry. Once an account is disabled for a violation of the Terms of Service, it will not be reactivated and any information within the account will no longer be accessible.

Thanks,

Xander

Yahoo! Customer Care

Response Via Email (Frank)

05/18/2013 01:52 PM

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Accounts Services.

Your Yahoo! account was disabled in violation of theYahoo! Terms of Service (TOS).

You agreed to follow the Yahoo! Terms of Service when you created your account.

• The "Termination" section outlines the conditions that can cause an account to be removed.

We continue to support subscribers who follow the Terms of Service.

You can always establish a new Yahoo! account if you wish. Remember that all accounts are subject to our Terms of Service.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Accounts Services.

Regards,

Frank

Auto-Response

05/17/2013 04:05 PM

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Your Incident ID is: 130517-022927

•    If you are reporting abuse, we appreciate your efforts to make our community better. We will investigate and take action where appropriate, and may contact you if additional information is required to complete our investigation.

•    If you are submitting a request for assistance, or asking a question, we will respond as soon as possible.

Please note, we are currently experiencing a high amount of volume. We are working to resolve your issues as fast as possible, but please expect a delay from our normal response times.

Sincerely,

The Yahoo! Customer Care Team

Customer (David Benedetto)

05/17/2013 04:05 PM

i can't access my account. i keep getting "incorrect user name or password" msg. since i also can't find password helper i don't know the security questions & answers. it also tells me that i can't reset my pwd online when i click "i can't access my account" and go through the process.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

[---001:003835:61812---]

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/yahoocom/sunnyvale-California-94089/yahoocom-xander-evans-shut-down-my-email-account-sunnyvale-California-1053092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on yahoo.com