arbitrary

• Submitted: Tue, March 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 10, 2009

• Reported By:Ridley Pennsylvania
Yardville National Bank
2465 Kauser Road Hamilton, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Yardville National Bank Inquiries on credit report Hamilton New Jersey

I was reviewing my credit reports in Feb. and discovered an inquiry (the one that stays on your report for two years) for a mortgage application from Yardville National Bank in Hamilton NJ. Knowing that neither my spouse or myself applied for any type of credit/loans/mortgage etc. I became worried that perhaps someone may be trying to use my information to obtain a mortgage.

I contacted Yardville National Bank and received a cold and rude response......something to the tune of "oh well, there is nothing we can do". I then wrote a letter requesting further information on the credit application that was filed in order to run my personal credit report. Additionally, I asked for the permissable purpose, proof of any contract, note or other instrument bearing my signature.

As of today, this company has continued to give me the run around, ignoring my request. They could be fined up to $1,000 for obtaining my credit report without my consent.

I know that I could easily let this slide, but with ID theft so rampant, I have every right to know who is looking at my credit report and WHY. I understand that they are a big company and think they are untouchable.....

Any suggestions on how to pursue this? Hire a lawyer over a credit inquiry? The company is in another state, and in order to file a police report I need to travel several hours.

I already wrote consumer reporting agencies, federal trade commission, and all 3 credit reporting agencies, etc. but what can they really do?

Has anyone been in a similiar situation?

Thanks for any and all feedback

KRD
Ridley, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2009 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yardville-National-Bank/Hamilton-New-Jersey-08690/Yardville-National-Bank-Inquiries-on-credit-report-Hamilton-New-Jersey-432732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yardville National Bank