Complaint Review: Yates Brothers Auto

• Updated: Mon, March 10, 2014

• Reported By: Raymond — Fort Worth Texas
Yates Brothers Auto
1501 Jacksboro Hwy Fort Worth, Texas USA

Yates Brothers Motor Company False financial reporting to credit Bureaus or false sales promises Fort Worth Texas

Yates Brothers employees stated during the sale of my vehicle that they report to all three of the credit bureaus (recorded).  I have purchased two vehicles from them in the past years.  While grossly over priced sometimes a person is forced to buy from people like this.  In Febuary 2014 I went to make a payment as I usually do.  I have never missed a payment or been late.  At this time 2.15.14 I was informed that their computer was down and there would be no reciept and they asked if I could come back to make the payment.  Trying to get along I agreed on the Following Monday.  However it was a holiday and I got back on Tuesday and made the payment in full.  On the 26th of Febuary I recieved a notice telling me that I had to make that payment or else.  Their letter was sent a week or so after I had made the payment.

I sent them a letter explaing what happened with copies of the reciept and notice, addressed to the Owner.  In the letter I asked them to correct the ledger and send a copy to the credit bureaus indicating that I was not late.  I gave them until March 7, to send me a letter apologizing and stating that they had taken care of this matter.  They declined to send the letter.  The office personnel had the letter one day after I sent it and that tells me that the owner never saw it and that they possibly opened mail addressed to the owner.

From my perspective I was told they report to all credit bureaus on my payment status at the time of both sales by Phil the general manager of this location, whom, I was told by their employees, was fired because of his business practices (their words not mine) and this is hear-say but I believe them.

For a while, when I bought my first vehicle from them, they were pushing extended warranties which I bought.  They took my money but never provided the coverage.  When I asked about it Phil told me that they had problems with them and stopped using them, but never gave anyone their money back.

Now one of two things have happened:

1. They lied to me when I bought both vehicles about reporting to the credit bureaus,

or

2. They lied in their report to all credit bureaus about my being late on my payment(s). False financial reporting.

Conclusion, Yates Brothers Motor Company lies to their clients, do not respond in a business like manner to problems they create and don't care about their clients after they sign the contract.

I would be very careful when dealing with any of their locations and any of their people.  Get everything in writing and make sure you get a copy of everything.

AS I USUALLY DO I DIGITALLY RECORDED THE TRANSACTIONS EVERYTIME I WENT TO SEE THEM.

BE VERY CAREFUL OF YATES BROTHERS MOTOR COMPANY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yates-Brothers-Auto/Fort-Worth-Texas-76114/Yates-Brothers-Motor-Company-False-financial-reporting-to-credit-Bureaus-or-false-sales-p-1129558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yates Brothers Auto