- Report: #1077806
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Yellow US Pages
Yellow US Pages100 Church Street, 8th Floor New York, New York USA
Yellow US Pages Scam Yellow US Pages New York New York
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Someone from YellowUSPages cold called our business and wanted to offer us an advertising opportunity. Since we have advertised with Yellow Pages before we didn’t think anything of this “scam.” We agreed to let YellowUSPages put up a free ad for 60-days. The person on the phone stated they would mail out a packet of information that would detail this agreement. The person then proceeded to give us a username and password. Following the phone conversation months went by and no packet was received and the username and password were invalid. We heard nothing from Yellow US Pages what so ever until last week. At that time instead of called our business which would have been normal practice, they sent us an invoice via fax stating we owed $719.99 for “Top 10 Program Annual Package.” We immediately phone Yellow US Pages and said we wished to cancel and had on interesst in their advertising offer. At that time they informed us they could not cancel our service and we had to pay the bill “or else.” Following the phone conversation we looked up Yellow US Pages business website and “our listing.” Which is nothing more than our name and phone number with address, something that anyone with simply typing skills could have put up. This listing in no way was valued at “$719.99.” Upon this discovery we googled the business and found a number of “complaints/scams” reported against your business. We placed a call back and questioned the business about this discover, at which time they became very hostile on the phone. (A sure sign of a scam and not a legit business.) We hung up the phone and immediately reported the business to the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Affairs, and Ripoff Report. Upon looking over the other 150+ complaints filed against your business with the Better Business Bureau and other sources almost all of them had similar stories as ours. And in almost every case the end result was the termination of that Business account.
We are asking Yellow US Pages to terminate our account. Nothing short of the termination of our account with Yellow US Pages will be acceptable on our end. We feel we have solid grounds:
1) Yellow US Pages tried to pose as the company “Yellow Pages” when contacting our business.
2) Yellow US Pages phone agent failed to follow up with a mailed package detailing the free 60-day trial we signed up for.
3) Yellow US Pages phone agent failed to provide us with a valid user name or password for our account.
4) Yellow US Pages phone agent failed to provide us with a web address/phone number or any form of contact information for the business.
5) Upon discovery of Yellow US Pages attempt to bill us for services that are very “sub-par” we asked the business to cancel our account immediately and they refused.
6) Yellow US Pages business currently has 150+ complaints filed against it with the Better Business Bureau and a number of other complaints through other sources.
The reasons listed above outline a number of oversights on the part of Yellow US Pages. Again we are asking for the complete termination of our account (#A04702***) and that the business never contact our business again.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-US-Pages/New-York-New-York-10007/Yellow-US-Pages-Scam-Yellow-US-Pages-New-York-New-York-1077806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.