Complaint Review: Yellow US Pages

• Updated: Thu, November 07, 2013

• Reported By: LindaH — Atlanta Georgia
Yellow US Pages
100 Church St., 8th floor New York, New York USA

Yellow US Pages Why is Yellow US Pages scam still in operation? New York New York

Add me to the growing list of complaints against the Yellos US Pages scam. I was called in August, 2013 by the Church St., New York, NY office to "confirm" my business contact info, by a woman with a very heavy accent. Never once was there any mention of money. I received an invoice about a month ago and just assumed it was a mistake, so I threw it away.

I did not connect it with the phone call, since no mention of money or contract was ever made. (By the way, I have received numerous invoice-"looking" bills from the Yellow Pages, or similar name, but there is usually small print stating "this is not an invoice." There was no such small print on this invoice in question, but I still considered it an error, and trashed it.)

Yesterday I received a fax from Jonny, or Jon, Beasley stating I owed $770.79. At that point I knew the company was completely non-legit. Left a message with Mr. [continued below]....

..... Beasley, who returned my call, attempted to use intimidation tactics, told me I was "lying" (about what??), and then played my recording back to me of the sales call. Very obvious that the recording had been spliced, and how convenient that he just happened to have the recording at his fingertips. (By the way, I don't recall the original phone caller ever mentioning the phone conversation was being recorded.)

In any event, I let Mr. Beasley know I found negative reports about his company on the Internet, that I had contacted the BBB, and would be contacting the NY attorney general. He stated mockingly, that all he needed to do was play my recording to them, and that would be his defense. And that if I didn't pay the bill, he'd damage my credit rating. Told him good luck with that, my credit was excellent. Overall he was quite rude. After hanging up, he immediately faxed me another harassing invoice.

Why is this company allowed to stay in business? Why haven't they been shut down? What will it take? Anyone know of a class action lawsuit against them? I have a lot of question for the NY attorney general's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-US-Pages/New-York-New-York-10007/Yellow-US-Pages-Why-is-Yellow-US-Pages-scam-still-in-operation-New-York-New-York-1097642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow US Pages