• Report: #202621

• Submitted: Mon, July 24, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By:glendale Arizona
yellowbook.com
yellowbook.com Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

yellowbook.com ripoff do not advertize in the yellow book I WANTED TO CANCEL MY ADD BEFORE PUBLISHING Glendale Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Dex advertising

i bought an add with yellow book -big mistake! i was never told about the fine print on the back of the order,which was also filled out by a sales person! when i ran into financial problems with my company i figured id just call -cancel my add,since its still 3 months until publishing-NO WAY!i was told sure ,we can cancel your listing no problems EXCEPT you will more than likely not recieve your 800 plus dollars back becuse you didnt reed the fine print that said;only 7 days to cancel with a refund! i would never again use a.k.a y-b-yellow -the yellow book!i also found out the DEX yellow pages reach about 70 percent more peoples homes for less money than the poor -broke no refunding YELLOW BOOK ! yelow book -good toilet paper though!

Daniel
glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2006 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/yellowbookcom/Glendale-Arizona-85304/yellowbookcom-ripoff-do-not-advertize-in-the-yellow-book-I-WANTED-TO-CANCEL-MY-ADD-BEFORE-202621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on yellowbook.com

Dex advertising

AUTHOR: bill''s moving - (United States of America)

Dex is no better

I called Dex to advertise in the Lake County,fl telephone book in May 2012.They sent a salesperson to my house.I was told I must sign the contract with internet advertising to be in the book.I signed believing this to be true.I wanted to be in the book.

After seeing my ad on the internet I noticed things left out.My Fl reg number that is required by law was omitted,my toll free number was omitted.I have proof in the form of emails that the salesperson promised to fix this.When the book came out it was not fixed and also my area code was omitted from my phone number.Without the area code most people in my county would not know whether or not my business was in Lake County as most of my business occurs in the southern part of the county.Without the toll free number customers are unlikely to call and since the phone book came out a month ago I have had no calls
attributable to this book.

Without my Fl reg number I appear to be in business illegally so customers are unlikely to call.

I called Dex about this and found I did not have to have the internet advertising but they said since I signed the contract which also included advertising in their small plus book They would not stop this advertising but would fix the problems with it.As far as the ad I wanted they would credit me 20%.I told them I was mislead as far as the internet advertising goes and the printed ad is not what I wanted.They said it has your phone number and I signed the contract.They refused to stop the internet advertising and would continue to bill me.

The printed ad is ineffective as they printed it.I have sent them the emails proving the salesperson said she would fix the ad before printing but never did.I sent  a letter stating my position and that my solution would be that they can keep the original payment I gave them with the misleading contract,stop the internet advertising I never wanted credit me for the last bill and stop billing me for a worthless ad and I told them in writing their solution of 20% off the printed portion of the bill was unacceptable.Their response to this was to send me another bill without even the 20% off which was unacceptable anyway.

They are a ripoff company and not only do I have to worry about this but I have seen many complaints that they will continue to bill you even after the first year.

I told them next year if they fix this properly I may advertise at that time but I will not sign a contract until I see my ad as how it will be printed and guaranteed in writing.Never sign a contract with this company unless you have a proof and guarantee of how your ad will look.All they care about is getting you to sign a contract with them.

Fred