Complaint Review: Yellowpages

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: Dilan Gilluly — Belmont New York
P.O. Box 601141, Pasadena, CA 91189-1141 Belmont, New York USA

Yellowpages YP.COM Cannot cancel service Belmont New York

When I started my own business yp.com offered free listings. So I figured why not. After about a week I started getting calls and emails from one of their account managers, because they felt my free listing wasn't good enough so they were trying to get me on their paid service. Not having much money, I haggled their rate down to $22 a month.

So I started the contract. Worst mistake of my business career. Over a year after my contract is expired, and the service did not get me any leads whatsoever, I'm trying to cancel. They have their system set up to where it's D**N NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL THEIR SERVICE!!!! Their payment center won't allow me to create an account because my number is invalid(straight from my invoices) And their customer service line doesn't work, it's like the microphone volume on their end is turned way down. Almost like they're doing it on purpose. Also I'm getting returned emails on both addresses they have listed, as they're not in service.

Once this company gets their cannabalistic claws into you there's no letting go. Guess I'm going to call my debit card issuer to get their future payments blocked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellowpages/Belmont-New-York-14813/Yellowpages-YPCOM-Cannot-cancel-service-Belmont-New-York-1079387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellowpages