Complaint Review: Yelp - Christina Strangman San Diego - Community @ Carnegie, San Diego - LWP Group San Diego - LWP Group, San Diego - (619) 235-5616 - Marcella Borem, San Diego

• Submitted: Wed, July 03, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, July 03, 2013

• Reported By: Unfortunate Tenant — California
950 9th Ave. san diego, California USA

Yelp - Christina Strangman San Diego - Community @ Carnegie, San Diego - LWP Group San Diego - LWP Group, San Diego - (619) 235-5616 - Marcella Borem, San Diego AKA Greg Strangman Christina Strangman Marcella Borem Community @ Carnegie is an infested rat hole & ran by incompetent managers san diego California

Why is my report being filtered?

I raised some serious issues pertaining to this residential complex along with many others and yet they are filtered by Yelp. I don't quite understand Yelps filtering methods but it's removed numerous legitimate reviews outlining many health and safety concerns with this property by actual past and present tenants.

Community @ Carnegie has countless issues and they should be addressed without delay.

REPORT 1

Please listen to the pains of others before you decide to work with LWP Group.  If I could give a ZERO star rating I would.  They are only out for themselves and could care less about the people that actually live in their buildings.  I was a resident in the LWP Carnegie building for almost a year.  Had to break my lease early because the place simply wasn't habitable.

I can tell you with 100% honesty that working with LWP and living in their building was one of the worst experiences of my life. [continued below]....

.....  Greg Strangman and his wife Christina Strangman (property manager) are not up to the task of leasing property.  This is completely evident by the turnover rate in their buildings (ask around...you'll confirm for yourself).

In our time there we experienced: homeless people in the halls, mice, cockroaches, mold in the bathroom, human waste at both the front and rear entrances of the building, and excessive noise.  On top of that we went for 6 nights in the middle of winter without power or heat.  It was truly miserable.  Christina Strangman is utterly incompetent and can not be depended on to repair things in a timely manner (if at all).   The rent is cheap for a reason folks.  And I wouldn't count on ever seeing your security deposit back.  Even after our walk through they withheld money for damages that didn't exist while we were in the unit.

Bottom line...I would never refer anyone to LWP.  Don't take my word for it.  Ask around.  You'll be glad you did before handing them a check!

REPORT 2

I currently live in the building and FunLovers assessment is highly  inaccurate. I've been living at Community @ Carnegie for roughly 10 months and dislike this filthy building. This building is not at all the way Christina Strangman the property manager described to me. The walkability is good but after 9pm girls should not walk alone. The health and safety concerns are a huge issue with the buildings location due to the homeless ability to sleep on the sidewalks infront of the building and close proximity of the train terminal. Who frequently has BBQ's out back!? Not the management. I haven't seen the management organize one BBQ or a single function for that matter. (I'm starting to think FunLover works for LWP Group)

Well, since LWP is on here..
When are you going to clean the fecal matter off the back wall? The back smells horrible and my guest refuse to go back there let alone BBQ.

Prospective tenant:
- Construction across 9th ave. hours 7am-4pm (low income housing)
- Churchill Building located 1 block north will be converting to a homeless rehabilitation building housing hundreds of homeless.

Safety within this area could become an even further issue in the upcoming year.

I strongly advise prospective tenants to re-evaluate options. Don't sacrifice money for safety.

REPORT 3

Honestly, here at Carnegie is my very first apartment on my own. And I moved in on my birthday last year. You'd think that's setting me up for an awesome living experience, right?

WRONG!

Within my first 3 months, I woke up to a pigeon breaking through my kitchen wall. That pigeon still lives in my wall and just had babies.

The plumbing is a joke. My tub has leaked and my shower head is hanging on by a thread. Don't get me started on the nicotine stains dripping down my bathroom walls.

As Alex mentioned below, there were the power outages which almost fried my ps3. I'm positive Christina nor Greg would've given 2 shits about that.

I also discovered very quickly that I resided in the epicenter of the homeless population. Therefore, I didn't feel safe coming home late when I got off work. It didn't help that management tried their best to keep tenants from knowing the door code.

Because of the growing homeless population. I now live in a urine soaked building. The parking lot behind the "patio" houses the river of urine and feces. Makes for a great BBQ atmosphere, don't you think?

Also, I have caught numerous homeless people on the property. There are a number of times they'd hide out in the alcove by my bedroom window. It's bad enough the crackheads in the neighboring building watch me in my kitchen, but now they're right at my window.

That's the only time Christina Strangman ever returned my phone calls; when I threatened to go to the police.

My current issue, and currently the last straw, is the mouse infestation in my apartment. Yes, those are my pictures featured above. I also have video of mice scurrying in my kitchen cupboards. I haven't gone grocery shopping in 3 months because of this. Maintenance has put down traps, because that's really all they can do. But now, the current total of dead mice to be dumped on traps is up to 9. It took Christina 3 months to finally send me an exterminator from Orkin, who didn't even show up the first scheduled time. A week later he shows up to put down larger versions of the traps I already have. I was then told he would be back 3 days later to do a follow up, and he would get rid of the traps. He has yet to show up. I am sick of being subjected to unsanitary living conditions.

I am tempted to show the next person coming to tour the building pictures of the fuzzy roommates that come with the apartment.

Basically, I feel as if Christina, Greg, and everyone else at LWP has adopted the mantra, "Oh, you've got a problem? Well, that's your problem."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 02:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yelp-Christina-Strangman-San-Diego-Community-Carnegie-San-Diego-LWP-Group-San-Diego-LWP-Group-San-Diego-619-235-5616-Marcella-Borem-San-Diego/san-diego-California-92101/Yelp-Christina-Strangman-San-Diego-Community-Carnegie-San-Diego-LWP-Group-San-Di-1064054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yelp - Christina Strangman San Diego - Community @ Carnegie, San Diego - LWP Group San Diego - LWP Group, San Diego - (619) 235-5616 - Marcella Borem, San Diego