installed

• Reported By: anonymous — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Yelp
Internet, Arizona United States of America

Yelp Yelp delivers wimper...filters negativer reviews Internet, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Yelp's unfair practices!

*Author of original report: like i said yelp filters their reviews

*Consumer Comment: May or may not be

All I can say I is I am grateful that ripoff report is around to help consumers from getting shafted.

I posted a very negative review about a business & yelp filtered it.

It makes you wonder if a business can make that happen by various ways that would definitely benefit the business owner versus the consumer.

Yelp in my opinion is not a consumer advocate site  that truly helps consumer because if it did it would not result in filtering reviews where essentially nobody can read it unless they somehow clikck on the filter.

Shame on yelp for being for the businesses over the consumer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2012 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yelp/Internet-Arizona-/Yelp-Yelp-delivers-wimperfilters-negativer-reviews-Internet-Arizona-869502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yelp

Yelp's unfair practices!

AUTHOR: Graham1954 - (United States of America)

Yelp do indeed filter out negative reviews as long as the company owner pays them their exorbitant fees every month.  Myself I had a majority of good reviews and only one bad one when their rep contacted me to ask if I wanted to pay $89.99 a month for extra services.

I said no and then what a surprise all of my good reviews vanished leaving only the bad one which was much older and from a person who had only posted once.  I complained and was told that reviews from frequent posters carry more weight than one time only posters.  When I stated the review they had left up was from a once only poster and it was months older than the goo reviews they had the nerve to tell me "well that's what you get for turning us down" !!

So how is this either fair or representing consumers?

To my mind the only thing Yelp is interested in is money and to that end the consumer takes a back seat as long as they get paid!!

like i said yelp filters their reviews

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I tried to post it again but I ended up deleted it & writing a new negative review against a scum solar company  whose majority owner tried to breach the 20 yr. solar lease agreement. Maybe yelp bows to pressure from companies or maybe the businesses can pay to get it removed. I have no idea but my reviews were to warn others against what happened to me & that the business never does that kind of unethical  tactics to another customer.

Who knows how long my new review will show on yelp before they filtered that one, too.

Thank God for the owner of ripoff report who is truly a consumer advocate.

May or may not be

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

It may or may not be the owner site that filters it. It could be those reputation management companies that play dirty tricks on reviewing sites. You may contact the site admin and ask them directly. At the same time, repost your review again for a couple of times.