Complaint Review: YNS Subscriptions

• Reported By: Kate — Las Vegas Nevada
YNS Subscriptions
PO Box 553 Glendale, Arizona USA

YNS Subscriptions Scammed by High School Kid Selling Magazines Glendale Arizona

Looking online most of the reviews are from the Phoenix metro area -- these kids are in Las Vegas as well. I had a young, cold, nervous man come to my door selling magazines for a school fundraiser. He had paperwork that described him, the company, and the types of services they offered.  Honestly, he looked legitimate.  He walked away with a check for $45 and told me it could take up to a month before I recieved the subscription -- I never got the magazines.

When I later found the receipt for the transaction with the company's email on it, I complained to the company.  However, I received this error: " 554 5.7.1 Your mail could not be delivered because the recipient is only accepting mail from specific email addresses. If you feel you received this in error, please contact the recipient directly and ask them to check their email settings. (in reply to end of DATA command)"

This is a scam.  The kid was good, but kinda creepy when he left a sticker on my door, I took it off out of fear of being targeted for some sort of attack later.  I can't find any way of contacting these people to get my money back or complain.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2014 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YNS-Subscriptions-/Glendale-Arizona-85311/YNS-Subscriptions-Scammed-by-High-School-Kid-Selling-Magazines-Glendale-Arizona-1150979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YNS Subscriptions