Complaint Review: YORK WHITMAN & BLAKE, LLC

• Updated: Sat, December 14, 2013

• Reported By: JV — TOMBALL Texas
YORK WHITMAN & BLAKE, LLC
8325 Broadway #202-241 PEARLAND, Texas USA

YORK WHITMAN & BLAKE, LLC AND AKA: YORK WHITMAN & ASSOCIATES Attempted to collect and NOT pay me by committing Fraud, scheme, verbal harrassment, intimidation, NO results PEARLAND Texas

*Author of original report: STOP SLANDERING JV CONSTRUCTION!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Everyone Here Is Lying

*Author of original report: RESPONSE TO YORK WHITMAN&BLAKE 5-5-15

*UPDATE Employee: The truth about JV

NOT a reputable company, this collection agency is in the process right now of stealing ALL the money that was to be collected from a customer that owes ME  for construction work that our company did for them. York Whitman & Blake was fraudently signing lien waivers on my behalf WITHOUT my consent, and attempting to keep ALL the money  and NOT pay me. Everytime that I would call their office they never answer the phone or respond to my numerous attempts to get answers or updates on my case by email. They lied numerous times to me. They asked me to provide them with all the documentation necessary to collect on my behalf, and I did, and then they would disappear and I would never hear from them. BUT when I sent them written letter that I was TERMINATING their service and asked them to CEASE and DESIST their collection efforts on my behalf...they immedialty called me to threaten me that I would never see a dime from the customer and that they would make sure of that. I began recording their harrassing phone calls full of profanity and threats. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A FRAUD. I will end up turning this case over to DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE SO THAT THEY GET INVESTIGATED ONCE AND FOR ALL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 12:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YORK-WHITMAN-BLAKE-LLC/PEARLAND-Texas-77581/YORK-WHITMAN-BLAKE-LLC-AND-AKA-YORK-WHITMAN-ASSOCIATES-Attempted-to-collect-and-NOT-1106936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YORK WHITMAN & BLAKE, LLC

STOP SLANDERING JV CONSTRUCTION!

AUTHOR: - ()

YORK WHITMAN & BLAKE and ANY of their current or former employees need to stop slandering our company.

They got paid directly from the customer that owes us money because we were stupid enough to hire this scam faudulent collection agency to begin with. We are still owed money from this customer. This was contract labor work that was done with a verbal agreement and after the work was done the customer failed to pay what was agreed upon. So we hired this collection agency to represent us in collecting money after we received one of their flyers in the mail. They say they never collected a dime for us but a former employee of theirs tipped us off and said they did and have kept it to themselves. And NOW even years later they are still upset that I ousted them on the internet and filed this report here and they continue to try to smear our good name!! We learned our lesson and ever since this job that we did not get fully paid for all our services, we ever since then.... NOW make sure to have a written contract for all our other jobs, countless many others that we have done ever since then and will continue to do. We have not again experienced any other customer owing us any money.  We have excellent references and very happy satisfied customers. Do NOT believe anything that any past or current employees of this proffessional crooks from YORK WHITMAN & BLAKE say about us. Because they are all false lies. I personally went to the Downtown Houston courthouse to file a complaint with the District Attorneys office about this scammers--this collection agency. I have recorded their harrassing phonecalls and threatened to turned them over to police, and this is the only reason why they stopped calling me harrassing me insulting me calling my all horrible profanity. They tried to use a scare tactic  on me and went asfar as trying to intimidate me and tell me that they were coming over with the law unless I paid them thousand of dollars . I told them "go ahead, come on over with police, and even better give me your address so that I can come on over with police there, so that the law knows exactly where you hide because your office is closed and you change telephone numbers alot" They NEVER came over.

My busines has been in TX for over 17 years and I do NOT hide. Here I am today 3/21/2016-- AGAIN having to defend  my good name. There are NO liens or judgments filed against my company. The only bad experience Ive had is with this customer (Islamic Church) that refused to pay me for completing their church parking lot and I did not do my due diligence and researched well the collection agency I asked to help me in getting my final payments from this church. Instead they took my case and collected the money and they kept it and when I confronted them they came up with lies and began the harrasment towards me and have been submitting this smears and false lies about me ever since then. I posted this on here so that NO ONE ELSE GETS TAKEN ADAVANTAGE OFF BY THIS CROOKS, THEY ARE A FRAUD.

MIRNA

HOUSTON, TX

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Everyone Here Is Lying

AUTHOR: B. Harris - (USA)

I am the collector who actually worked the account in question, and there needs to be some honesty brought in here.

There is no such person as "Chad Stevens". His real name is Shadi Emeish. He and his brother Fahdi Emeish (AKA Ed York) are still running this scam of a collection agency even while Shadi is bouncing from collection agency to collection agency. He cannot keep a job because his reputation follows him, burned clients find out where he works and start calling, so he has to move on. He ripped off tons of clients, ripped off employees, lost his house... He's a crook.

As for JV Construction, however, they're a bunch of scammers as well. Originally, the Islamic Center's issue was the quality of construction, but JV had apparently done it to the Center's specs. It was wrong, but it was wrong in the way the Center asked for. I even accompanied the client (JV) out to the job site and met with the Center's attorney to go over all of this. My first suspicion that something was wrong came when JV claimed that half the gravel came from the brother of JV's owner and there were no invoices, no proof of delivery, nothing to prove the gravel ever existed. The second issue came when we were leaving and JV's owner, out of the blue, began saying some incredibly offensive and disgusting things slandering the Arabic peoples and the Islamic religion as a whole. He is a bigot and a moron.

That night I began figuing out how much gravel JV claimed to have actually delivered. Running the numbers, it would have been close to three times the amount of gravel that could possibly be in the parking lot in question. When I again went to JV to request some documentation that could clarify any of this, they began getting fishy. JV started ducking calls, becoming profane and argumentative, hurling insults, and generally acted incredibly hostile.

It was eventually found out that not only was JV construction not owed a dime, but they had actually overbilled the Center for thousands upon thousands of dollars. They weren't content with the fraud they already got away with, they wanted to be greedy and scam even more money. I contacted the Center myself, informed them of what was going on, and let them know they might have been ripped off and that they might want to sue JV.

At the end of the day, Shadi Emeish (AKA Chad Stevens) is a crook, a liar, a thief, and a cheat. But, in my opinion, so is JV Construction.

RESPONSE TO YORK WHITMAN&BLAKE 5-5-15

AUTHOR: - ()

The response that YORK WHITMAN&BLAKE filed here is full of lies. The reason my company JV Construction has not gotten paid yet is primarily because we allowed this dishonest so called collection company represent us in this collection matter. If we had done our due diligence and researched this fraudelent company York Whittman & Blake Associates , then we would have found out that they are crooks and scammers! OFCOURSE they took the case because it was VALID and YES I have all my documentation. I have a huge box full of documents. When it was time to settle, something happened, and I was tipped off by one of their employees that they had working the collection case, that they were about to get the settlement payment by forging our company's signature on documents, but because they decided to be GREEDY amongs themselves they ratted on each other out and began to fight amongst themselves. Sothat ex employee quit that so called firm provided me with a written statement of what happened  and  I immediatly contacted ISLAMIC SOCIETY MOSQUE to inform them that I was NO longer being represented by YORK WHITMAN & BLAKE because I had found out that they had a scheme to collect the settlement funds and keep for themselves and not pay me the actual contractor that did the job. YES THIS IS STILL an OUTSTANDING DEBT and I am still filing and going after ISLAMIC SOCIETY because they still owe us for the work we did on their property. DO NOT ASSOCIATE YOURSELVES WITH YORK WHITMAN & BLAKE. BE WARNED BY MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM, IT WAS AWFUL AND I HAVE LOST MONEY BECAUSE OF THEM!!!

MIRNA

HOUSTON, TX

The truth about JV

AUTHOR: chadstevens - (USA)

jv hired our firm to resolve a debt incurred by the Islamic Society , they were owed money for concrete work at the Mosque that was built.  The Mosque did not pay them because JV exagerated the pour , asking excessive amount of money for monies that was already paid by the society. We notified our ex client about the dispute, and the exclient JV got upset when we asked him to provide proof of the concrete poured, and he was unable.  We dealt with the society for several months, and finally came to a number to settle the debt, we presented the offer to the client JV, and he told us that he didnt want us working the account.  We told him that this case took us months to get these guys to settle , and he tried to back door us on the settlment. The Islamic society ended up not dealing with him and we walked away from JV and his antics. We never took one penny from this guy , he just lost the opportunity to get paid and he is blaming us when he in fact never had the paperwork to substantiate the debt.

Thanks