Complaint Review: YouFit Health Club

• Updated: Fri, November 08, 2013

• Reported By: Tiff07 — Tampa Florida
YouFit Health Club
Tampa, Florida USA

YouFit Health Club YouFit Hidden fees, dishonest cancellation practices Tampa Florida

I started a membership with YouFit and they made it very clear that I had to maintain the membership for a year or I would be charged to cancel it. So I used it for a year and a couple of months before I got into a car accident. Then I was unable to afford the membership as I tried to get my life back together and I visited their location to request that it be cancelled. They then stated that I would have to pay a $25.00 fee to cancel and I notified them that: a) my year contract had ended b) if I couldn't afford to pay the monthly membership then there was no way that I was going to be able to afford to pay them $25.00 to cancel the membership

Apparently, although I kept my membership for the year that I agreed to, I still waited too long to cancel the membership and still had to pay to cancel the membership despite fulfilling my contract and now they are harassing me for the money. How on earth is it good business to stress the need to keep the membership for a year to avoid fees and then trick a customer into being forced into another year of service without their consent.

I never agreed to pay for another year or to even do business with YouFit for another year. Then I come in and share that I am going through a financial hardship due to an accident that I was involved in and you tell me that in order to cancel my membership, I have to pay a fee larger than my monthly payment that I just shared I can no longer afford. The whole hassle free affordable business ran by caring people is obviously a lie and I will be sharing this with any and everyone who will listen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 06:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YouFit-Health-Club/Tampa-Florida-33612/YouFit-Health-Club-YouFit-Hidden-fees-dishonest-cancellation-practices-Tampa-Florida-1097847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YouFit Health Club