Complaint Review: YourAmigo.com

• Reported By: Chris — Canton Michigan
YourAmigo.com
4708 Del Valle Parkway Pleasanton, California USA

YourAmigo.com overcharge, conceal, bogus, unbelievable, Pleasanton California

*Author of original report: Still not following through

Where to begin? We were customers of this company for the past 8 months but we're in the process of parting ways. We discovered that our company had been systematically overcharged tens of thousands of dollars in a way that was difficult to detect. Fortunately, we discovered the overcharges at the end of a billing/payment cycle and so we were able to withhold enough of a payment to compensate for the overcharges. YourAmigo did admit to the overcharges after we completed our investigation and confronted them. And, they have agreed to settle the overpayment. However, the way they have handled this situation is so unexpected that we feel compelled to alert other companies that might be considering working with them. If you do work with YourAmigo, you should take significant steps to verify all of their charges so that you do not overpay. Also, you should VERY carefully read their contract. You may find that unless you discover any abnormalities in the billing very quickly and report them, they may be outside of the allowed time-frame.

You should also put resources in place to be sure that their service isn't simply cannibalizing sales your company would have gotten anyway. This company is very aggressive at signing up new clients at trade shows. Because of their determination, I assumed our situation would have been handled quickly and professionally. However, a call from their CEO, which I took expecting a huge apology, was actually just his way of doing what I think of as damage control. The primary thing he seemed to care about is that I not let anyone else know about the overcharges. I have been wondering whether they are overcharging other clients because had we not done our investigation we wouldn't have discovered them. And, when the CEO seemed overly concerned that I not publicize this it got me thinking that the type of overcharge is relatively easy to do and difficult to detect.

I had high hopes for working with this company, and the early results seemed promising. But, as with any other business, the rubber hits the road when something goes wrong. We were fortunate that we had some leverage to settle the overpayment.

Finally, after deciding that we weren't satisfied with their explanation for how the overcharges happened and how they were discovered, we followed the contract rules to part ways. One of the required steps is for YourAmigo to provide a very small robots.txt file to us "...as soon as practicable..." but that was 5 days ago and still nothing. Our IT department said they could create the file in 5 minutes. I can only imagine that they're taking so much time so as to run up additional commissions for themselves. Amazing.

This company has offices in the USA, but they're based in Australia - which is where all of the leadership members and technical staff seem to reside. This means that for companies in the USA you'll probably be dealing with people from Australia if there is a problem. Keep in mind that the Australian culture toward business and customer service appears to be vastly inferior to the way US businesses operate. You shouldn't have the same expectations as you have come to expect from a US based business.

Overall, I'm sorry we ever agreed to work with YourAmigo.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 06:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YourAmigocom/Pleasanton-California-94566/YourAmigocom-overcharge-conceal-bogus-unbelievable-Pleasanton-California-1089994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YourAmigo.com

Still not following through

AUTHOR: Chris - ()

Yesterday I received an email from the company stating that they would send the robots.txt file that day. As expected, they didn't. Still waiting.