Complaint Review: YP

• Reported By: Shawn — Houston Texas
YP
1440 Empire Central Dr #300 dallas, Texas USA

YP, Yellow Pages, yp.com Total scam Dallas Texas

I was contacted about advertising with YP.com  After talking to a sales rep and then an abrupt switch to a manager that just happened to be walking by, I voiced my concerns about price.  They still came back with an offer that was much higher than I was compfotable with.  After giving some information I was told I would be contacted back on the followwing busines day (which was a Monday) to "finalize" everything.  Also, I was told I would receive an email with contract info.Never received either.  I got a call a week later from someone wanting to build a website and I told them I thought I had been scammed.  Then the sales guy called trying to smooth things over.  Said he could not read his writing and that he was sorry.  After expressing my concerns he wanted to put a website together for me.  Once I looked at it I told them I was not happy and his response was "It looks good to me".  After trying to make some changes I informed them I would not be doing business with them.  Next thing I know I am getting bills in the mail for $12k then $15k.  After numerous phone calls and emails with no response, I finally talked to a manager who said he would take care of everything after hearing the whole story.  A follow up phone call with customer service a week or two later confirmed he cancelled my account and a full refund would be applied.  Then one month later I get another bill.  Now I have left several messages and can't get a return call.  Do not do business with this company.  They are a total scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2013 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YP/dallas-Texas-75247/YP-Yellow-Pages-ypcom-Total-scam-Dallas-Texas-1086017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YP