Complaint Review: zbiddy

• Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: Lady — North Miami Florida
zbiddy

zbiddy shady practices internet, Internet

I submitted my information to this website as part of their "free" registration process. Since it was an auction site, even though I was a bit reluctant to give my credit card info right away, I did as I figured it was just needed to make my bids once I was registered. So I was alarmed when my confirmation email from Zbiddy alo came with a statement for $99 congratulating me for the bid packet I just purchased!!! I tried contacting them immediately to no avail. I searched the website for any fine print I may have over looked before my "purchase" and found none. The site clearly states the registrationis free. No where is there a stipulation that any purchase of a bid packet is necessary. I contacted my bank to let them know that I did not authorize that. Transaction and contacted zbiddy the following day. This time I spoke with a customer service representatve who imediately apologized but went right on script with trying to sell me more items as if she forgot I had called for my refund! Then she tried to offer me a gas card and more points to bid with on the site. She put me on hold to go speak with her supervisor after I told her explicitly that I want nothing else but my refund. Each time she had a different offer including a 50% refund. The last time I guess she realized how serious I was and she relented and gave me my full refund and says my account will be removed from th site! (Like I would ever spend a dime there!) So that's my Zbiddy experience! Lessons learned: 1) Be extremely cautious about sharing your credit or debit card info especially online and 2) be very persistent when advocating for yourself!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/zbiddy/internet/zbiddy-shady-practices-internet-Internet-1046997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on zbiddy