Complaint Review: zbiddy.com

• Submitted: Tue, September 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: Wasp Hopper — Pine Grove California United States of America
zbiddy.com

zbiddy.com Iwas browsing on eBay when another web page fron zbiddy.comjust showed up offering free registration tp make bids on overstocked items. I thought they must be associated with ebay where I was actually Internet

*Author of original report: I was logged on to eBay and was browsing through old US coins

*Consumer Comment: So......

I was logged on to eBay and was browsing through old US coins there when another web page suddenly appeared on my computer screen offering "Free Registration" for the purpose of bidding on overstocked products at zbiddy.com. Winning stuff like the 32' HDTV they featured that was won by a bidder for a mere $18. The seemingly live ad looked and sounded similar to the Qbids commercials on TV and seemed like a great deal to a low income person like me.  They even had a taped commercial which resembled a regular TV interview crew talking to people about the good deals they got there for less than $20 . I figured I could spare up to $15 and thinking since I was logged on to eBay, that zbiddy.com must be an associate of eBay so I signed up for free, or so I was led to believe by the big "Register for Free" Button! Unfortunately, as soon as I clicked 'Done' my computer started 'hanging' too long and made me suspicious, so I closed the page and quickly went to check on my Wal-Mart Visa card activity which showed I had just been ripped off for $99.00 !! I then emailed zbiddycustomer service, but so far have gotten absolutely no response. How can this kind of thing happen when you're supposed to be on a safe site like ebay??? I am a disabled person and need that money for my bills! Is America still a country based on the 'Rule of Law' or is my money gone for good?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 01:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/zbiddycom/internet/zbiddycom-Iwas-browsing-on-eBay-when-another-web-page-fron-zbiddycomjust-showed-up-offe-939398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on zbiddy.com

I was logged on to eBay and was browsing through old US coins

AUTHOR: Wasp Hopper - (USA)

Well, with a little help form Visa, zbiddy kept their word to refund my $99. Now that I have the money back on my Visa Card I hope they delete my card info from their files.

So......

AUTHOR: richard - (United States of America)

As a former seller I too noticeed some sites. Sometimes ebay displays other sites that are imported in through pay per click ads. It sounds exactly like it is. You pay a search engine such as google and yahoo. Your site is usually located on the top of your search screen. The company prepays for a certain ammount of clicks and somehow ebay gets kickbacks for displaying these.
There are of course 2 problems with this. The first problem is that ebay is displaying sites that could undercut their sellers thus driving buisness away from the very people that bring in their monthly revenue. Thats pretty pathetic if you ask me.
The second problem is what this person found out the hard way. It does give people a false sense of security because ebay claimes to protect their users however ebay does not provide a visible disclaimer about these sites. If you get screwed and call ebay you will get someone from India saying "sorry but we are not responsible for these sites."