Complaint Review: zenith research services inc.

• Submitted: Sat, August 23, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, August 23, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — erie Pennsylvania
zenith research services inc.
Internet USA

zenith research services inc. James Melvrick scam involving secret shopper, sent a large check in mail, ups, for 2,650.00, wanted me to deposit the check and wait for it to clear Internet

*Consumer Comment: James Melvrick/ zenith research services Inc.

signed up to be a secret shopper, figured it was a scam, back out.

two days later I recieve a UPS package with a check for $2.650.00, telling me it was kor the first secret survey assignment.

I was to deposit the check wait for it to clear. Deduct $400 to complete my assignment of going to certain stores. At stores I was to do evaluations as specified on the letter. Stressing to purchase Green dot Money packs.

Then email info which included the Money pak cash top up cards pin number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2014 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/zenith-research-services-inc/internet/zenith-research-services-inc-James-Melvrick-scam-involving-secret-shopper-sent-a-large-1171840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on zenith research services inc.

James Melvrick/ zenith research services Inc.

AUTHOR: Sally - ()

I too have encountered this scam with the same check amt the only thing is we researched and found this article stating the scam was going on. My name on the check had the wrong middle initial and the font was not the same throughout the check. My husband called the issuing Bank of the cashiers check and they told us it was over a year old and not any good. I never agreed to the secret shopper assignment was just interested in more info and got the check instead. That was weird enough to set off alarms. My husband called and talked to James and he tried to argue the fact of a scam. He even threatened to get a lawyer which was fine with us we had a lot to say and plenty of help to back us up. Our bank also said it was one of the biggest scams going on right now we just got off the phone with them to warn them. Watch out people there are dishonest people out there afraid to make an honest buck!