Complaint Review: Zinn

• Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: marie — Camarillo California
Zinn
773 Victory Highway West Greenwich, Rhode Island USA

Zinn I sent for a $4.99 offer and now get a product for which I am charged about $99.00 per month-stop! West Greenwich Rhode Island

*Consumer Comment: Are you kidding me?

*Consumer Comment: Some advice...

I signed on to a website offering a trial product for $4.99, thereafter I was sent a monthly cleansing cream tube for about $99.00 per tube. I have written to have them stop but they do not.

There is no phone number or any other way to contact them. The product they send is not what I signed on for and certainly did not want such an outrageous bill monthly.

How do I get these people to cease and desist?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2014 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zinn/West-Greenwich-Rhode-Island-02817/Zinn-I-sent-for-a-499-offer-and-now-get-a-product-for-which-I-am-charged-about-9900-p-1138157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zinn

Are you kidding me?

AUTHOR: Survivor - ()

Your report makes me see RED!

How DARE a company double charge someone who has been through cancer?

Report them to the Better Business Bureau, and I would also send them a certified letter DEMANDING my money be refudned.  Reference the conversation you had with them in which you were told you wouldn't be charged.

What is the NAME of this company, so I can tell EVERYONE I KNOW not to do business with them!!!!

Some advice...

AUTHOR: Helpfulconsumer - ()

I'm assuming that when you signed up for the $4.99, they asked you either a credit card number or bank account infomraiton?

That should have been your first clue.  DON"t EVER give out this information to anyone wth a product.   You fell right into their hands.  THey've got your information, and they will continue to take money from you.

1. If they are simply billing you, and I"m wrong bout the above, IGNORE the bill, and refuse to accept the merchandise.  Bring it to the post office and tell them you never ordered this product and will NOT take receipt of it.

2. If they have your credit card number, call the credit card company, and open an investigation.  Refuse the charge.  If you have to, close out the card.

3. If they have your bank account number, call the FRAUD division of your bank and tell them what happened. You may have to close the account they are taking money from.

And let this be an important lesson to you.  There is no such thing as  "free tiral offer." That is a bunch of BS from companies that want your private information so they can rip you off.

I hear them all the time on the radio "We believe in our (name of product) SO MUCH, that the first 500 callers will get to try it ABSOLUTLEY FREE!.   All you do is pay a small shippping and handling fee!"

This is a lie.   They are making money off that "shipping and handling fee" and what they really want is YOUR bank account or credit card information.   NEVER give it out.   And I do mean NEVER.  If you want to purchase something, use a money order; don't even write a check, because that is how identity theft gets started.    Also, one more thing:  don't buy anything from a company that has no phone number, email, etc.   Do your research first.

Good luck!