Complaint Review: zipDJ

• Reported By: NY Deejay — New York New York
zipDJ
Internet Canada

zipDJ Most dishonest record pool I've ever dealt with! Internet

zipDJ is an online digital record pool service which provides DJs with new releases from their label partners. I operate an independent dance label in the U.S. and my complaint is about their dishonesty and mishandling of my release. First I was told by zipDJ's Co-President Kevin Unger that I should sign up to become a label partner. He assured me that my application would go through without any problems. However, after signing up, I received an email from a Nick Fiorucci advising me that my application had been rejected without any explanation.

When I contacted Kevin about this, he said he would take care of it but a few days later he emailed me saying that he changed his mind and decided not to "go over Nick's head." He then tried to smooth things over by telling me that they would provide me feedback on my release but I never received anything from them and when I tried following up with them, they ignored my emails. I've talked to several other dance labels that have had similar experiences. Fortunately, there are plenty of reputable record pools out there that do what they say they're going to do, sadly, zipDJ is NOT one of them and I have no intention of sending them future releases.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/zipDJ/internet/zipDJ-Most-dishonest-record-pool-Ive-ever-dealt-with-Internet-1127080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on zipDJ