Complaint Review: Zipcloud

• Submitted: Tue, September 03, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, September 03, 2013

• Reported By: ubecker — cologne Other
Zipcloud
Unit 6, Fulcrum 2, Solent Way, Whiteley, PO15 7FN Whiteley, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Zipcloud Pay, pay, pay for unlimited usage and for upgrades - then disconnected without explanation and refund Whiteley United Kingdom

Very poor experience in the end. Had unlimited storage for a while. Then kept changing the offer slightly so i had to pay upgrades for things that were initially free - which i did. After paying for speedy backups, backup of videos, unlimited data storage etc, etc etc. it was working fine for a while.

Out of a sudden their "legal department" contacted me - claiming "Your account has been flagged this means we will no longer be able to have you on our personal user platform". No further explanation was given - except "We have to follow our Terms and Conditions, there is nothing we can now do to prevent the actions taking place."

Now they are threatinging me to change to a business plan or to disconnect me AND delete all my files (within 30 days)  telling me i violates their fair use policy (i use 600gb mostly photos). Due to instruciton given by their support my computer appears twice - so i use 1.2TB of data. Thier support assured me all is fine (i have unlimited storage).

Asking why they think i did it - no answer?

Asking if i would get a refund for the period already paid - no answer. Only answer is quoted below.

Asking what i could do to fix the issue (trying to cooperate): "We have to follow our Terms and Conditions, there is nothing we can now do to prevent the actions taking place."

So - initially all works fine. But once you paid all upgrades they dont give the impression to value you as a customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zipcloud/Whiteley-Select-StateProvince-PO15-7FN/Zipcloud-Pay-pay-pay-for-unlimited-usage-and-for-upgrades-then-disconnected-without-e-1081314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zipcloud