Complaint Review: Zippers Performance Products

• Updated: Sat, September 01, 2012

• Reported By: Disapointed — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Zippers Performance Products
6655-A Amberton Drive Elkridge, Maryland United States of America

Zippers Performance Products Dan Fitzmaurice Products do not deliver what they guarantee, they do not stand behind products Elkridge, Maryland

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: zippers performance outstanding

*Author of original report: Thundermax

*General Comment: Zippers Performance products

For the last 2 years I have been attempting to enjoy my 2006 Harley Davidson Night Train. While looking for performance parts to upgrade my motorcycle I was introduced The Thundermax Auto tuner by Zippers performance. After hearing what the product does and offers I purchased the product and had it installed.

The details I offer are a direct result of the product not delivering what they say it does. Moreover, the entire Zippers staff points fingers at the patron stating its our fault and the motorcycle has mechanical problems, never owning up to the possibility that it could be their product.

From the beginning when I began experiencing issues with the Thundermax product I would call and speak with tech support. While on hold I listened to their commercials stating; Our Thundermax auto tuner works with any bike and any configuration, no more dyno-tuning your motorcycle. [continued below]....
.....

While working with the Zippers staff they were all friendly and helpful at first. After repeated issues with my motorcycle they began stating it was my motorcycle, no way could it be their product. I was even tricked by the CEO Dan Fitzmaurice, acting a one of the techs. Later on as the issue began to build did he reveal his true identity.

Here are the issues that I had with the product:
  • Coughing (Grey smoke)out the intake intermittently
  • Popping out the exhaust (not the average popping)
  • Loud popping when blipping the throttle
  • Sever Reduction in performance
  • When idling it sounds like the engine is "hunting" does not have a rhythm.
I have done everything the company had asked of me; spent countless hours attempting to tune the bike with their tech support remotely. Spent over a thousand dollars having my motorcycle diagnosed at several dealerships, including one of their choice.  The motorcycle was given 100% fully functional and mechanically sound each visit. Although Zippers still dangled the carrot stating it had to be my motorcycle.  I researched the issues associated with the Thundermax and this is not an isolated incident. In fact there are several blog sites referencing the same issues.

I have maintained all of the email correspondence between Zippers staff and myself. Up until the end I had always stated I believed in their product and I wanted nothing for free.  I just want what I paid for to work properly and enjoy my motorcycle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2012 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zippers-Performance-Products/Elkridge-Maryland-21075/Zippers-Performance-Products-Dan-Fitzmaurice-Products-do-not-deliver-what-they-guarante-935769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zippers Performance Products

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

zippers performance outstanding

AUTHOR: Allen - ()

i have a zippers thunder max on my harley flhtcu and i was in sturgus lasts year. i had a break down and thought it was my thunder max.i called the head office and asked for help, one hour later  the owner of the company showed up at the gas station that i was broken down at on a bike and with his lap top. i was broke down and he  spent 3 hours trying to help me, it wasn't his products fault and he never charged me a cent for the help.

i have never had such great service and i disagree strongly with this complaint.

Zippers went way out of thier way to help me (at stugus in fact, thier buisiest time).

they charged me nothing, i would support them till i die.

buy thier products they do stand behind everything they sell and they proved it to me and they will for you.

this complaint is sour grapes, trying to hurt a good company!!!!

Allen McGillivray

Thundermax

AUTHOR: Disapointed - ()

It appears that the marketing company is doing a fine job for this company looking for negative feedback on their products. I assure you folks I am not alone in this battle of expensive and faulty equipment.

I am providing links below to prove to you this product is flawed. Asside from that, my HD Nighttrain was brand new! My sour grapes are wiht this bogus coompany not my bike. Immedately remove this system my bike ran perfectly!

Google: Tundermax Autotune issues

#3 General Comment

Zippers Performance products

AUTHOR: Mr. Benny - ()

I read this guys claims of Zippers Performance products not doing what they say. I have used many of their products over the years the the thundermax is by far the "Best" performing I h ave ever used. I am on my 6th bike enhancement using 100% of Zippers offered products and suggestions and am 100% a fan of their offerings and they do what thet say they do. This guiy writes about an old bike which most likely had gremlins when he started and wanted to perform his own diagnosis of what was wrong and has sour grapes cause he failed to properly fix an issu before he started. Start with a problem, end with a problem.