Complaint Review: Ziptaxonline.com or Zip TAX

• Updated: Fri, April 18, 2014

• Reported By: PanosK — Albuquerque New Mexico
Ziptaxonline.com or Zip TAX
220 Newport Center Dr. Newport Beach, California USA

Ziptaxonline.com or Zip TAX ZIP TAX LLC, ZIPTAX LLC misleading, bait and switch, misrepresentation, shady business practices, Newport Beach California

*Consumer Comment: ZIPTAX IS A FRAUD AND THEY SAY AND DO ANYTHING TO GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN THEY DON'T EVEN CALL OR ANSWER YOUR CALLS

I was sold by a used car salesman type who promised items he could not deliver. I was mislead and after I started paying them the truth came out. I gave the benefit of the doubt to the company and allowed them the opportunity to make things right. They did not. They offered me a partial refund and would force me to sign a release to keep my mouth shut. I am loosing money to be able to share my story with you. I feel people should not be treated this way. A company should stand by what it says and this one does not. I would highly recommend you don't use this company because it has shady and shifty business principles and procedures. If a company is of moral aptitude this would not be taking place. I am extremely disappointed in my selection of this company and would highly recommend any body looking at these guys to look elsewhere. I have done nothing wrong except expecting to get what I paid for. The sales team will say anything to get your money, the support staff is a damage control sector that doesnt allow you to speak or to make your point. This is a bad organization in definite need of some exposure. I wonder how many people they got to shut up by signing those releases. I will not sign the release unless they give me all my money back. I refuse to pay for someone else's mistake. DO NOT USE ZIPTAX.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2014 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ziptaxonlinecom-or-Zip-TAX/Newport-Beach-California-87120/Ziptaxonlinecom-or-Zip-TAX-ZIP-TAX-LLC-ZIPTAX-LLC-misleading-bait-and-switch-misrepre-1115843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ziptaxonline.com or Zip TAX

AUTHOR: Sasha - ()

I was contacted by a ziptax SALESMAN named Jason, who I told my situation too and he assured me that my case was easy and once they did the investigation on my behalf and with all the documents showing I was a victim of identity theft and that someone in another state filed a fake tax return in my name it would be dropped and I wouldn't be charged anymore money...of course there was a $500 fee to get started. I did all the work I filed a police report, filed a complaint with the FTC, got copies of transcripts from IRS for both years 2005 and 2005, got a print out from social security office for the years in question to show where I worked in those years plus a letter that I sent to the California Franchise Tax Board I was promised a power of attorney would be filed on Friday 1/31 when the first $250 payment was made the 2nd $250 payment was made on 2/14 and the power of attorney wasn't filed until 2/28 that was the 2nd lie.

I was also told that the company would stay in contact with me to keep me update within the week that it would take to do the investigation...not only did they not call me but everytime I called after they got the 2nd payment I would be transferred to voice mails, told that the person that was handling my account was suffering from some injury from the military and wouldn't be back for a few months (another lie) after I kept calling I was transferred back to Jason and miraculously the same injury that was so terrible and the reason why I hadn't been contacted wasn't so serious anymore (I guess they had no more excuses and no more phony representatives of an attorney to transfer me too) and he told me that he would get back to me and when he did he said so the investigation was done and now we need to prove identity theft and it's gonna be a total of $2000!!!! I already proved identity theft I sent in all the paperwork!! When I got upset and told him that is not what he told me in the beginning he started stuttering and told me "Oh the attorney working on your case is on the other line I will call you right back" that was 2 weeks ago I haven't heard a word, so I called back and demanded my money back and was transferred to John Neil who was now a new person handling my case which I wasn't informed about and when I talked to him he said I will have to have one of the exectutives Chris call you back, I asked for his last name he said he didn't know it and didn't know his exact title!! I know who the executives are for the company I work for!!

Anyway that was on 3/19 and I never got a call, so I went to my credit union to dispute the charges today 3/25 @ 11:50am and my bank called the company and guess who called me at 3:00pm on the dot being rude and nasty and basically making fun of me Chris the executive and then called me back at 3:35pm saying if I can furnish taped conversations of Jason telling me what he told me he would give me a refund.

I still have never received any documentation on this so-called investigation and I CALLED THE FRANCHISE TAX BOARD AND FAXED THEM ALL THE PAPERWORK AND THEY DROPPED THE LEIN AGAINST ME BECAUSE THEY FOUND THAT I WAS A VICTIM OF IDENTITY THEFT THEY CALLED ME ON 3/18 TO LET ME KNOW ONCE THEY RECEIVED MY FAX AND MY PHONE CALLS TO ONE OF THE REPS THERE....ZIPTAX DID NOTHING AND HAD THE NERVE TO SAY NOW ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS PAY AN ADDITIONAL $2000 TO PROVE IDENTITY THEFT WHICH I PROVED ON MY OWN....AND THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK WHICH IS FINE I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT I LET THE WORLD KNOW THEY ARE FRAUDS AND NOT TO EVER USE THEM!!!!! PLEASE HANDLE YOUR STUFF ON YOUR OWN OR GO DIRECTLY TO AN ATTORNEY THEY ARE A TAX SERVICE NO ATTORNEYS ARE EVEN IN THE BUILDING....GOD HANDLES COMPANIES LIKE THIS....ONE DAY HE WILL WISH HE PAID ME BACK MY $500...GOD DOESN'T LIKE UGLY AND HE ISN'T TOO FOND OF PRETTY HIS BUSINESS WILL NOT FLOURISH THE WAY HE IS GOING....GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND AT THE END OF THE DAY I GOT MY $12,000+ LEIN DROPPED