Complaint Review: Zisser Tire and Wheel

9000 Gravois Rd Affton, Missouri USA

Zisser Tire and Wheel Cheated Senior Lady out of $360 Dollars Affton Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Long Time Satisfied Customer of Zisser Tire

I am a Senior lady. Have a old 1999 4 cylinder Mercury station wagon. I am on

limited funds. My car barely ran. Barely made it to Zisser tire. They said it need

4 new plugs and 4 new wires. Charged me $360 for 4 new plugs & wires. Car would

still not run right. Said it would take another $1200 to $1500 to fix it to run right.

Told them didn't have the money. Car died 3 times on way home which is ONE mile

from their shop. My brother in law came over on Sunday his day off. They DID NOT

put the number 4 wire on the number 4 spark plug and this is why it wasn't running

right. Car runs now and brother in law said 4 plugs and wires cost less than $75.

They tried to get another $1500 from me and LEFT OFF THE NEW SPARK PLUG WIRE I

guess on purpose so the car wouldn't run properly. I had to get a ride FOR 3 DAYS from

a friend while I waited for my brother in law to show up and simply put on the wire

they left off. I have ALL RECEIPTS including the $1200 to $1500 estimate to get it

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zisser-Tire-and-Wheel/Affton-Missouri-63123/Zisser-Tire-and-Wheel-Cheated-Senior-Lady-out-of-360-Dollars-Affton-Missouri-1050941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zisser Tire and Wheel

Long Time Satisfied Customer of Zisser Tire

AUTHOR: Dutch - ()

I am somewhat surprised by this ripoff report, because I have personally recommended Zisser tires to friends and family because I was happy with their service.

I have been getting my Missouri inspections there for many years.  They never attempted to perform work that I did not want or need done.  They provided fair quotes to work that I knew I needed done so I could shop around.  They were competitive and knowledgeable in their quotes in all of my visits to their shop.

Zisser tire and their workers were prompt and courteous each of the times I was their.  Approximately 6 different visits.  Perhaps a calm discussion with the manager could resolve any miscommunication.  It just doesn't seem in the nature of this business to attempt to cheat an elderly woman.