Complaint Review: Zodiac Pool Systems

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: Dumptruck1 — DALLAS Texas
Zodiac Pool Systems
2620 Commerce Way Vista, California USA

Zodiac Pool Systems SCAM!!Questionable Warranty Protection...You have to pay one of their pool sub-contractors Vista California

1.  Pool pump was replaced in March, 2013 by an electrician.

2.  Electrician came out when I called about the whining noise, said it was probably a bad bearing in the pump, and to call the manufacturer.

3.  Manufacturer warranty states One Year from installation...

4.  I have called six times over the course of the last three weeks, to report the Problem:  pool pump has a loud whining noise while running.

5.  Here is the synopsis of what happened when I called their 1-800 Helpless Line:

The first person would only transfer me to technical support, who hung up after I described my issue.  I called back, and got another person who gave me a number of a local company who handles their warranty service.  I thought maybe I can get it fixed!

Only thing is... the pool company they gave me (Riviera Pools of Dallas) wanted to charge me $135 pump service, $36 service call to come out and inspect my pump.  If the pump had to be replaced, that would be the total charge.  I asked them why they charged for a service call for warranty work, and they said that was "standard policy" with Zodiac.

I called their customer service again, and again to get some assistance to be given the standard answer that they would get "someone to call me back"...

I can't believe that its standard procedure to have to pay $171 for servicing a defective pool motor, but that has been my experience.

I hope someone at Zodiac Pool Systems reads this, and does something about their questionable  "customer service".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zodiac-Pool-Systems/Vista-California-92081/Zodiac-Pool-Systems-SCAMQuestionable-Warranty-ProtectionYou-have-to-pay-one-of-their-1090148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zodiac Pool Systems