Complaint Review: Zoe Cottages

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: Rich — Rainier Washington
Zoe Cottages
4676 Commercial St. SE #1 Salem, Oregon USA

Zoe Cottages Zoe Outdoors Joe O'Connor A Masterful Liar that Strings You Along Salem Oregon

*Author of original report: Zoe Cottages Makes Amends

I ordered Zoe Cottage’s new 2013 model of their Queen Anne version. To make this short and not-so-sweet, the owner, Joe O’Connor insists on final payment on the day of delivery, with a local sub-contracted carpenter (arranged by Zoe) to finish the roof, interior finishes and porch. However some finish materials, plumbing fixtures and building materials were shorted, and were not included as per the contract. The occasional emails he replies to (prior to your final payment) lead you on to believe he will fulfill the signed and agreed upon contract and even include a Lowes Gift Card for being such a great customer;

however once he has your final payment he never returns emails or telephone calls, he just vanishes. I’m $3000.00 out of pocket because he did not allow enough to pay the onsite carpenter which I had to pay out of pocket along with out-of-pocket costs for shorted materials and plumbing fixtures. Buyer beware, Joe O'Connor, owner of Zoe Cottages, is not an ethical businessman. It’s very sad because I had high hopes. Unfortunately I researched his company after he started not returning emails and phone calls and found 2 other reports on RipOffReport.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zoe-Cottages/Salem-Oregon-97302/Zoe-Cottages-Zoe-Outdoors-Joe-OConnor-A-Masterful-Liar-that-Strings-You-Along-Salem-Oreg-1069226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zoe Cottages

Zoe Cottages Makes Amends

AUTHOR: - ()

Some great news to follow up on my 2013 encounter with Zoe Cottages. I am remiss in not posting this much earlier and offer my apologies to Joe O'Connor, owner of Zoe Cottages. In July of 2014, a year after my 2013 dissatisfying encounter with Joe O'Connor, he surprised the heck out of me by sending a reimbursement check for some of my out-of-pocket expenses. I was shocked, to say the least, and immediately wrote him a thank you for doing his best to make amends on our experience.

I am writing this today, November 21, 2016, because Joe wrote to me asking for the removal of my original RipOff Report since our agreement was that I would do that if he paid me. Sadly, the report cannot be removed without investing at least $2,000 for an arbritation, so this is my way of letting those who are interested in the Tiny Homes by Zoe Cottages that they should definitely give Joe O'Connor a try.