Complaint Review: zoosk

• Submitted: Mon, June 21, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, June 21, 2010

• Reported By: FleecedByZoosk — reno Nevada United States of America
zoosk
Attn Billing Zoosk, Inc. 475 Sansome St 10th Floor San Francisco, California United States of America

zoosk zoosk.com Made initial purchase of $29.99 for one month membership. Zoosk upcharged my CC to $119.88, Internet San Francisco, California

Same as

AndyP

(Grand Island

Nebraska) on April 10th, 2010 (your first clue)

On June 18th, 2010 I purchased a one month membership to Zoosk.com.  I am internet savvy enough and experienced enough to make absolutely sure of what it is I was purchasing.  There were three upgrade
options, a one month for $29.99. a three month for $59.97 and the year membership for $119.88.

I made absolutely certain to fill the bubble, place check mark, or fill the box of the one month membership for $29.99.  Even before final submission I went back and double checked that I had placed the mark in the correct box..  "Yep, the bubble is filled for the one month membership for $29.99."

But, low and behold, I check my on line statement 24 hours later and I am being charged $119.88!!!!!!!!!!!!

I immediately called the telephone number associated with the on line transaction and got the voice mail recording stating that they don't take calls and I will be unable to speak to anyone.  It said the only way is through email.  I emailed them and have yet to get a response back.

Called my bank and it appears my bank is in on it to. Bank won't stop payment or refund money unless I can prove that I only wanted the one month membership.

Stay away from ZOOSK!

I used Andy's wording because it was IDENTICAL TO WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AND I LIVE IN RENO NEVADA . . .  "Fleeced"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2010 10:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/zoosk/San-Francisco-California-9411/zoosk-zooskcom-Made-initial-purchase-of-2999-for-one-month-membership-Zoosk-upcharged-615946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on zoosk