Complaint Review: Zoozil

• Updated: Tue, July 22, 2014

• Reported By: KD — Brooklyn New York
Zoozil
3005 GRAYLAND AVENUE, SUITE 101 Richmond, Virginia USA

Zoozil Zoozil Media, Zoozil Media Inc, Joe Heinzen Failure to pay revision fees because Joe "refuses to pay for a mistake" that he caused Richmond Virginia

*Author of original report: Update

I made an animated logo for Joe Heinzen in which he paid my day rate for. He wanted a revision done that basically had to re-animate the entire thing because he failed to communicate what he wanted and offered me $100 for the revisions, which I took. Later he asked to have sound added, which I tagged on another $100 to which I was told that I should have done it for free for "the company giving me the unique position to be a part of the company." After some going back and forth, he agreed to pay.

Under a contract for a seperate job, I was still owed money for which he paid. Under this same invoice I put in the revision fees. He questioned why considering "he already paid for this" but he only paid for the initial day rate. I told him to check his records if he thought there were descrepencies, but I was told the next day that the check was mailed so I assumed the revision fees were included and there were no problems.

I received the check and they were not included. I emailed him asking why and his response was, "The revision came as a result of there being an error in communication. Is that something a customer would normally pay for?" Which, as a freelancer you know that yes, they do because it's still a revision. He later tells me, "To be upfront though, I have no intention of paying for an edit that came as a result of a mistake related to the direction that was given."

This is a brand new, not even launched company and the owner is already sheisting his contractors. Over $200. It's totally absurd and is such a drop in the hat for a company. As a young freelancer, this money is pretty vital for me. I have emails and texts agreeing to paying these fees and yet he still argues against me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2014 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zoozil/Richmond-Virginia-23221/Zoozil-Zoozil-Media-Zoozil-Media-Inc-Joe-Heinzen-Failure-to-pay-revision-fees-because-J-1164180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zoozil

Update

AUTHOR: NYC - ()

So after two weeks of being ignored, I sent a follow up email and I was given $100 and we cut ties. Which is fine since I believe this is the most I'll receieve and it's not an environment I'd like to work in again.

I've been threatened with lawyers to take this report down, but I'll update that I was at least given half the money I was owed.