- Report: #1070390
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Zurich
Zurich7045 College Boulevard Overland Park, Kansas USA
Zurich Zurich and Universal Underwriters Service Corporation ,dba UUSC Service Company in the State of New Zurich "Preferred" Extended Vehicle Service Contract plays games with their language and won't pay. Overland Park Kansas
*Consumer Suggestion: "wiring harnesses"
*Author of original report: Meaning of the word SYSTEM
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7L V8 Hemi Engine Package; MSRP = $ 46,850.00: I purchased new on 9/30/2010. With my purchase I bought the Zurich "Preferred Coverage" extended warranty for 84 months or 100,000 miles. New Vehicle Plan Cost: $ 2,214.00 paid in full at time of sale.
7/26/2013 - My jeep would not start, the engine would crank but no start. Jeep was impecably cared for and all service requirements were performed on time at the dealer. Cause of no start: I need a new "Totally Integrated Power Module" This is your main fuse box located in the engine compartment. Everything electrical in this vehicle gets wired back to this brain or "Circuit Breaker Panel" The whole panel is bad, not just some fuses. Replacement cost: $ 1,300.00.
Zurich tells me that the TIPM is not covered period, It is not listed or named (it's not excluded either); They told me today I could get a lawyer and they would tell me I am SOL. [continued below]....
9. Electrical: Alternator, voltage regulator, starter motor, starter dirve, starter solenoid or starter relay, wiper motor(s)(front and rear), factory installed power sunroof motor, power window motor/regulator, power seat motor, power mirror motor, power door lock actuator.
Preferred Coverage: ( what i purchased ) covers all above plus:
13. Electrical: Manually operated switches, convertible top motor, factory installed clock, wiper motor relay, wiper delay controller, headlight motor, distributor, electronic ignition system, distributorless ignition system, computerized timing control unit and sensors, electronic fuel injection components, rear window defogger switch and relay, rear windo defogger grid, cruise control syste, horn(s), factory installed power antenna and power antenna relay, power point accessory outlet, wiring harnesses, fuel gauge and sending unit, analog guages, electronic instrument cluster, mileage computer, factory installed remote entry system (transmitters not included) factory installed anti-theft system.
What is Not Covered
1. This contract does not provide coverage for:
A. Any part not specifically listed as covered underthe coverage you selected, including but not limited to any of the following parts: Glass, lenses, selaed beams, light bulbs, wheels, wheel covers, tires, interior trim, moldings, bright metal parts, sheet metal, flexible body parts, wether strips, upholstery, convertible and/or binyl to, paint, rust, physical damage, catalytic converter, exhaust system, brake rotors and drums, wiper blades, hoses, shock absorbers, batteries, carburetor, throttle body assembly, spark/glow plugs, drive belts, brake pads, brake linings and shoes, manual clutch disc;
B. Repairs of water and air leaks, rattles, squeaks and wind snoise alignment of body parts, bumpers and glass.
My Beef is that Everything Electrical named all gets wired back to the Totally Integrated Power Module. The Electronic ignition "SYSTEM" would be rendered useless without the TIPM. The TIPM is an inherent part of the "SYSTEM"
I don't feel it's worth my time or expense to hire a lawyer and sui them over $1,300.00; However I am going to file as many complaints online and use Facebook to trash Zurich and use the Power of the Social Media network to get the word out that these people stink, And I am going to drag their corporate asses into small claims court all by myself small self. THEY WILL REGRET THEIR NO COVERAGE CLAIM ON THIS CASE.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2013 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zurich/Overland-Park-Kansas-66211/Zurich-Zurich-and-Universal-Underwriters-Service-Corporation-dba-UUSC-Service-Company-in-1070390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.