Complaint Review: zzounds.com

• Submitted: Fri, November 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: Don Hess — Marion New York United States of America

zzounds.com zzsounds.com Sold damaged guitars as new, then would not hold replacement guitar after a return was arranged Internet

I ordered a guitar that was on sale at ZZounds.com (aka zzsounds.com) at about 100$ less than other sites had it for. I noticed at the time that they had "blemished" versions for even less but I did not want a blemished one. The guitar arrived with a nasty dent on the front of it. I called and arranged a return, the returns department did not work on weekends, I had called on Friday. On Monday they got in touch with me and sent me a return label. I checked the web site and they still had non-blemished versions of the guitar in the same finish. In my email to them I told them that I would accept one other color if the one I wanted was gone, just in case. I shipped the damaged guitar back tot hem on Tuesday, one day after they arranged the return. On wednesday I was told that my two choices had both been sold out and that I could not get one although I verified both colors were still available on Tuesday. They did not hold the guitar for me while they processed the retrun. There were so greedy and eager to sell them they did not care about making the customer happy or dealing honestly with their mistake. I believe they shipped me the blemished one knowing full well that it was blemished and they were just trying to pull a fast one. I can't prove that, but in any case they obviously don't care about their customers, just making money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/zzoundscom/internet/zzoundscom-zzsoundscom-Sold-damaged-guitars-as-new-then-would-not-hold-replacement-guit-976148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on zzounds.com