Complaint Review: 1-800-Got-Junk

• 1-800-Got-Junk
    1197 Eddie Dowling Hwy
    Smithfield, Rhode Island
    USA

1-800-Got-Junk 1800GOTJUNK Awful Service, will try to scam you. Smithfield Rhode Island

Awful Service, tried to scam me.

I had a window from 8-10am, they finally showed at 1:15PM. The two guys that came were decent and loaded the truck in 20 minutes. The original estimate was between a 1/2 and 2/3 of the truck, but in the end it was under 1/2. Another guy (Stephen) showed up. He said because the original estimate was 2/3 he would have to charge me that. After we haggled for a while he said he wasn't going to nickel and dime me and would charge me for 5/8s of a truck. That was still more than the actual load but I agreed.

The cost was $447. However Stephen wrote $477 on the slip. I assumed he made an honest mistake but when I pointed out the difference he immediately took offense. He got loud and insisted he wasn't trying to cheat me. It was over the top and I hadn't accused him of trying to cheat me. I figured he just wrote it down incorrectly but he seemed to have a guilty conscience.

I was paying by credit card, so he handed me his phone to sign. As I did so I noticed the amount on the screen had now jumped to around $580. Again I questioned the amount, he snatched the phone from me, punched a couple keys and handed it back. What I find odd is that I think he had added in a tip (a hefty one considering I'd already agreed to pay for a bigger load and they were 3 hours late). But instead of saying, oh that's for a tip or something to that effect and giving me a chance to tip them, he just snatched the phone from me.

When he left, my son who was outside heard him say to the other two workers that "I didn't fall/go for it". One of the other guys said, "but I thought we were supposed to get the 580".

I called customer service, who seemed genuinely concerned and apologized. They said they would look into it and have someone get back to me. I never heard from them so I checked back a week later to see the status. They said someone was supposed to have call me and that I would get a call back today. I didn't.

I won't use 1-800-Got-Junk service again as I feel like they tried to cheat me, but they did take everything I asked and it only took 20 minutes to load. If you do venture to use them, be prepared for them not showing in the time window and check everything before you sign.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2016 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/1-800-got-junk/smithfield-rhode-island-02896/1-800-got-junk-1800gotjunk-awful-service-will-try-to-scam-you-smithfield-rhode-island-1326907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content