Complaint Review: 1-800 Loan Mart

• Reported By: no good — san diego county California United States of America
  • 1-800 Loan Mart

Encino, California
    United States of America

1-800 Loan Mart - Loan Mart auto loan w/my ex-husband, harassing me & my family! Encino?, California

*Consumer Comment: Who's On the Contract???

Loan Mart is a horrible nightmare!!!! They constantly harasse people who are friends or family members to those who took out the loan!

I asked Loan Mart to stop calling/harassing my family & me. My soon to be ex-husband took out the loan on his vehicle not me! We are separated & I have barely any contact with him. They are now calling my work place & asking for a employment verification on me. They constantly call MY cell phone a few times a day and text (which cost me!). They even went as far as contacting a extended family member (MY ex-sister-in-law's mother-in-law who I have never met or knew of & lives in a different state!). They are out of control.!!! They need to find my ex-husband themselves! If they can find an extended family member of mine they can find him! They will not STOP harassing ME!!!! I even get calls from my friends who have been harassed by loanmart.

NEVER NEVER take out a loan with them!! And hopefully you won't know anyone who has taken a loan from them!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2009 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/1-800-loan-mart/encino-california-/1-800-loan-mart-loan-mart-auto-loan-wmy-ex-husband-harassing-me-my-family-encino-526454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Who's On the Contract???

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

If both you and him are listed as joint buyers or if you are a co-signer then they can and will contact you and any references even if there's a divorce or pending divorce.  If you aren't on the contract, then you send them a letter, certified mail, return receipt advising them to not contact you again under the Fair Credit and Collection Act.