Report: #1181946

• Reported By: RobInWJ — West Jordan Utah
  • 1800PACKRAT

Nationwide
    USA

1800PACKRAT 1800packrat.com Deceptive practices, overcharging, and non-responsive to customer issues Nationwide

*Author of original report: Exceeded expectations

At the recommendation of Lowes, I used Pack Rat Storage systems to help with a move across town.  Pickup went fine, though it took some finagling to get the dates straightened out with them.  Once the container was emptied at the new location, I needed the empty picked up.  Calling a couple of times, their phone system is kind of a mess with long hold times and numerous disconnects.  "I'll do it online" I kept saying to myself, but, I forgot my password (and the recovery email ended up in my spam folder)  Next thing I know, I'm being charged for another month's rent, in advance.  I fished through my email for the recovery password, scheduled a pickup, and contacted their customer service to see about some sort of credit for the pickup, or something.  No help.  They pushed me off to their billing department that works very difficult east coast hours.  They're not empowered to help the customer, just to take their money.
In a sense, I paid nearly $600 for a storage unit (that I could've gotten for $100 offsite anywhere) that was used for less than a month.
I would not recommend 1800PackRat to anyone and will definitely be letting Lowes know about how their recommendation is going to cost them ALL of my remodeling business from here on out.

As a follow up: Several calls to their billing department, no resolution.  Several voicemails left, no response.

I was quoted $79 for the final pickup. They have charged my card $93 for pickup.

Lowes received my communication about 1800PackRat and have passed my experience on to their management for evaluation in their partner communications with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2014 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/1800packrat/nationwide/1800packrat-1800packratcom-deceptive-practices-overcharging-and-non-responsive-to-cust-1181946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Exceeded expectations

AUTHOR: h8ripoffs - ()

Packrat has responded to me and offered a full refund.  We've discussed steps that they can take to improve future service and I feel that they've really listened to me as a consumer on how to better their company image.