Complaint Review: 1and1.com

701 Lee Road Ste. 300 Chesterbrook, PA 19087
    Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania
    USA

1and1.com Scam Artists Lie and Steal Chesterbrook Pennsylvania

I used their website to register a domain name. After registering, I began to get sales calls. On one particular call they offered me the 1 and 1 My Website package. The salesman offered a trial period and stated that it would be 19 dollars a month after the trial period and that I may cancel at any time.

Time went by and I never once used the service. I was hit with three months of 19 dollars a month, all at once and in advance ie. the next three months. The internet invoice I received claimed that I needed to call during regular business hours, all of which I was at work but I decided to try the number on my bank statement, after hours. After being on hold for about 45 minutes I was connected with a representative who explained to me that I was in a contract and could not cancel. She stated that if I did cancel, there would be an early termination fee, pro-rated towards the amount of time I had left in said contract. When I explained that I had never used the service and was not even trying to get any money back, I just wanted to stop further charges, she told me that their services were not based on usage and that if I did not pay I would be turned over to collections.

I explained that the salesman who called me, unsolicited, told me I could cancel anytime. The representative told me that she was limited on what she could do and either pay the termination fee or plan to be billed again.

I chose to terminate and was charged nearly the remainder of "contract" and sent an email explaining that all of my "services" would be stopped immediately, despite the fact I just paid for the next three months. Not that I was going to use them, but shady business none the less.

All in all, I was completely ripped off, given nothing, and threatened with collections.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/1and1com/chesterbrook-pennsylvania-19087/1and1com-scam-artists-lie-and-steal-chesterbrook-pennsylvania-1060818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content