Complaint Review: 1st Folding Chairs, Larry Hoffman

• 1st Folding Chairs, Larry Hoffman
    2934 1/2 Beverly Glen Circle #206
    Los Angeles, California
    United States of America

1st Folding Chairs, Larry Hoffman 1st Folding Chairs, tables and chairs direct Larry Hoffman 1st Folding Chairs Takes your money and DOES NOT deliver any merchandise Stanardsville, Virginia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We did not run the Credit Card

If only I had read the previous posts before ordering from this scam artist.  Same as all the reports before me.  I placed my order on July 22, 2009 for 52 white resin folding chairs. Ipaid by credit card. An invoice was emailed for my records.  That was the LAST communication this company would voluntarily have with me.  I called a week later to see when delivery was scheduled and was given the run around about Larry finding the tracking number and "calling me right back".  He has promised to "call me right back" about 8 times, in the past month, and NEVER has.

After 3 weeks in a row of him making excuses about confusion at the warehouse - eg: we thought the chairs were in New Jersey but the chairs are in the Pittsburg warehouse...we thought they were in Pittsburg, but they are in Chicago... etc. etc.  I called to find that the order had never been shipped in the first place.

He told me to go rent some chairs for my event and he would cover the cost of the rental for me - thank god I didn't do that.  I called him back and cancelled my order.He promised to refund my credit card and send an email confirmation.  6 days passed and it never was refunded.

Called him today and he made some excuse about the staff being out of the office on Monday.  I demanded my money back and he offered to send me a "cashiers check" which would be overnighted, or he would have to call the "Chicago office" to refund my card.

I am just back from the bank, where I have had a charge back processed on our credit card.  What a waste of my time this has been.  What a miserable company to deal with.  Buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2009 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/1st-folding-chairs-larry-hoffman/los-angeles-california-90077/1st-folding-chairs-larry-hoffman-1st-folding-chairs-tables-and-chairs-direct-larry-hoffm-482498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We did not run the Credit Card

AUTHOR: Larry Hoffman - (USA)

The customer received a full refund. We did not run the credit card, our distributor
from Chicago ran the card and told us it was refunded. We should have been more
forcefull with them, however we do take responsibility for the error. Again the customer
was fully refunded