Complaint Review: 24/7 Career

• 24/7 Career
    2342 5th AVE 141st Street
    New York, New York
    USA

24/7 Career Heartbeat Security, Frank Tolbert, Ms. Washington LIARS AND SCAMMERS New York New York

I found an ad online for front desk/lobby work and was called after sending in my resume. I went in and they interviewed me, then asked for $60 for a background check. I was desperate for work, so I paid $60. After that, they told me that I'd need to take a security guard class for my front desk/lobby work because I would need to be reporting to the NY Fire Department. Again, desperate for work, I paid $200 for this 3 day class. I asked them if there would be any other fees and they told me NO. They also told me that I would be working immediately after the class. I took the class and received an 8 hour and 16 hour certificate and brought them back to 24/7. They then told me that I needed to pay $100 for fingerprinting. I talked to others that had taken the class with me, and they told me that it was necessary so i did it, still desperate for work. After that, I had to pay another $36 to process everything. That was the last thing that I paid them.

After everything was finalized and they told me I didn't need anything else, they told me to come in a few days later on Tuesday for job placement. I came in that Tuesday and they told me that the job placement guy was not there and to come the following Tuesday. I was furious. At that point, I had turned down other minimum wage jobs because they said that I would be paid $15 an hour. I came in the following tuesday, and the job placement guy, Frank Tolbert, sat down with me and told me that I needed to take YET ANOTHER class, but promised that he would try to find something for me anyway. I was told by 2 people at the office that I would get a job the following day, Wednesday. I called and called and he didn't have anything for me. My schedule was not difficult to work with whatsoever and they told me finding part time jobs would be no problem. A week went by and still nothing. ANOTHER week went by after that and STILL nothing. I called and texted Frank every single day and he kept telling me to be patient and that he would find something shortly. A few days after that, I said that he found a job for me at a store called Deals. This is a very cheap "Big Lots" kind of store in Harlem. He told me to apply there to become a sales associate. He then proceeded to tell me "You might as well apply for sales associate position at Staples, too". I was absolutely pissed. Why the hell did I pay $400 for you to tell me to go and apply to be a f**king sales associate at Staples? I wasted 5 weeks of my time waiting on this company and "Frank" didn't message me back once after that. This company has been vague and rude every step of the way. They will lie to your face and will promise anything to get your money. Do NOT waste your time or money on this place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2014 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/247-career/new-york-new-york/247-career-heartbeat-security-frank-tolbert-ms-washington-liars-and-scammers-new-york-1169918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content