Complaint Review: 24Protect Plus

• Reported By: Bayonne New Jersey
  • 24Protect Plus
    8420 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 700
    Chicago, Illinois

24Protect Plus charged my debit card without my authorization for months! Online/ Chicago/ Des Plaines Illinois

I usually keep track of my spend via receipts and rarely go on the internet to check my statement. I knew something was up when I got an email from my bank that I had insufficient funds and was charged multiple over withdraw fees. I didn't understand why because I keep track in a notebook of how much I spent.

Going to my online statements and doing some investigating, I found out that a company called 24Protect Plus charged my bank account $20 a month since March. I've never heard of them and never bought anything from them. That's over $100 dollars that I thought was in my bank account. (Mind you I live paycheck to paycheck and don't have the luxury to have a bit of cushion money in my account at this time.) Not including the $300 dollars of over withdraw fees this has caused

However, after reading a lot of complaints on the internet, this is not the first time this has happen to people with this company. I remembered that I did a background check on my Dad with Intelius. And that seems to be the culprit site that partners with 24ProtectPlus and secretly charges you.

This is the last thing I need right now after relocating from New Jersey to Los Angeles. I am authentically pissed off at this company because this will more then likely go against my credit. And after putting myself through college, the last thing I want is my credit to suffer.

Heather
Bayonne, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2008 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/24protect-plus/chicago-illinois-60631/24protect-plus-charged-my-debit-card-without-my-authorization-for-months-online-chicago-366211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content