Report: #941970

• 303 Taxi

Internet
    United States of America

303 Taxi Cab # 533 Bait & Switch Internet

This company advertised a flat rate of $55 to O'Hare airport from my town.
This price is located on their website as a flat rate.  Does not mention any additional charges or toll charges of any sort.
I used them to get to the airport and paid $55, coming back the guy charged $58.  When I expressed that it is supposed to be a flat rate he argued and insisted it was $58.  I wasn't going to stand there and argue with the guy after an 8 hour flight.
I called the company when I got in the house and she tried telling me that the flat rate is $57, I explained that their website clearly states that it is $55 and that is what I paid on the way to the airport.
She had no answer or explanation.  She asked if I wanted to speak to the complaint department and she simply dumped me back to the main menu, which puts you on hold.
I will NEVER use this company again.  They lost a lot of repeat business due to their bait and switch tactics.  And the driver lost a $10 tip due to the BAIT & SWITCH crap.  It really is not about the $3, it is about the principal.  Absolutely disgusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2012 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/303-taxi/internet/303-taxi-cab-533-bait-switch-internet-941970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content