Complaint Review: 7 - eleven

• 7 - eleven
    7901 W. Broad Steet
    Henrico, Virginia
    USA

7 - eleven franchise Abis is the owners name borderline illegal hiring, firing, and employee treatment practices Henrico Virginia

This is a new 7 - eleven store that just opened.  It is a franchise and the owner previously owned a 7 - eleven.  He is hiring new employees with promises of a great environment, long term opportunities and plenty of hours.  None of these statements are true.  He is simply hiring and firing employees at will every few days until he finds ones with prior experience at 7 - eleven.  He is using employees with false promises to keep his store rolling.

His hiring practices are not legal I believe.  I was never asked to fill in an I-9 form or W4 or any of the other forms required as I know it.  In fact, he didn't even ask me for 2 types of identification or proof of address.  The reason is, I believe to make the hiring process expedited as he simply was using me as a filler.

He treated me very poorly, criticising me for not completely understanding how lottery machines work or the gas system works, not cooking enough food or cooking too much food, and anything else that irritated him.  He ignored the fact that I had never sold a lottery ticket or ran a gas system before.  His training consisted of 5 minutes here or there.

He told me after my first day of work to come back and he would work with me so that I could learn the systems and would become a good employee in time.  The next day he brought in another employee who came from another convenience store with many years of experience.  She worked a few hours on a trial basis just as I had (without pay) and must have decided she had the training he needed.

That afternoon, he had me mop the whole floor, empty all the garbage, and other dirty work then called me into his office.  He told me he did not think it was going to work out.  I wasn't catching on fast enough.  after 1 1/2 days!!!  The second half day he did not even watch me work, or help, and slept in the back room.  He simply fired me because he could, and found someone else.  Nothing to do with my skills.

This is an example of a borderline illegal operation, its customer service is not good (he pushes food at every person who comes in the store), his pumps have worked less than half the time he has been opened, and he is already out of many supplies.

I believe he should be investigated and much other health and sleazy money gimmicks will be discovered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2017 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/7-eleven/henrico-virginia-23294/7-eleven-franchise-abis-is-the-owners-name-borderline-illegal-hiring-firing-and-emplo-1399497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content