We paid almost $3K for this dump of a rental in September, 2012. It was nothing like what the pictures portrayed. There were literally bugs EVERYWHERE...INSIDE the the house, both dead and alive when we got there. I e-mailed the Pia right away to say that we should not have to pay the $150 cleaning fee since we had to start cleaning ASAP. This irritated me because after we put down our deposit and got the actual address of the property, I googled it and found negative reviews on this rental, particularly the cleanliness. After seeing these, I brought it up to Pia to confirm it would be clean, since I was bring my 4-Month old on her first vacation and I would not tolerate the kind of filth described in the reviews. We should have been skeptical that they do not list the address until you put down the deposit, but my husband was so excited about the pictures.
So after we had started cleaning the dump, including the nasty refrigerator and spiderwebbs everywhere, a non-professional looking guy came to our door and said Brian and Pia had sent him to clean after getting my e-mail. [continued below]....
..... He said he had cleaned the night before, but he was tired and might have missed some areas and he wasn't good with detail...yadda yadda yadda... He did clean up some of the dead bugs and spiderwebbs(Not all) and that was about it. Ok, so I was still going to make the best of it, because this was my first vacation in over a year. Well, it was really hard. Here are some other issues, and to tell the truth, there are so many, I may forget some.
1. Dead bugs all over
2. Table inside is broken and there is a sign not to use it (OK?)
3. Refrigerator was disgusting, with old food left in it.
4. Fees we were charged:
Cleaning fee: $150.00
Utilities: $125.00 (Is that a normal charge for a vacation rental)
Dog fee: $125.00(Our dog is cleaner than this place)
Trash fee: $95.00 (They took out of our deposit because we left trash in the cans out front?...Um yeah that is what you instructed us to do)
5. You cannot use entire lower deck due to bug infestation, good luck using pool table.
6. Their "dock" is not a dock, might as well be a floating slab of wood.
7.On upper deck, umbrellas are all broken. They don't properly fit into table. We tried to use one with table due to lack of other shade and as soon as a gust of wind came, it fell over breaking the glass table. Wanting to do the right thing, I offered to cover the cost of new glass right away. They took $216 out of our deposit. (There is no shade from the sun)
8. All I asked for was a receipt for the extra charges taken out of our deposit, since we were paying for them (The $95 trash fee and the $216 glass table top). My e-mails have been ignored.
9. Very unprofessional people. When I had concerns about the cleanliness after giving our deposit, Brian called me and basically said only stupid people read these reviews and only people that have never been to the river have complaints because of the few bugs outside. He is definitely a bully.
10. I have been going to the river for over 25 years, and this was definitely the filthiest place I have stayed.
Also, I am not exaggerating about any of these issues. I have pictures of the place when we got there. I was horrified!
Thanks 777Vacations, for ruining our family vacation and ripping us off!!! Hopefully, you are reading this before putting a deposit down.