Complaint Review: 86th St Camera & Video

• Reported By: Narrowsburg New York
  • 86th St Camera & Video

Brooklyn, New York

86th Street Photo & Video Scam & Fraud Brooklyn New York

I was looking for the camera my son wanted for Christmas and found the best price at 86th Street Photo & Video. As all the others have said, I called to verify the order as and was convinced to purchase other items, it's the "Christmas Package" Clark said. It was more than I usually spend, however I figured I'd get the family to chip in, since that's all my son wanted.

Before I received the package, I want online to my bank statement and found that I was charged $250 more than the agreed upon price. When I called, they said I needed to wait until my package got here and then all back. I did. The woman said that although the sale was recorded, it couldn't be accessed for 3 weeks, and since that put it into this week, it was too late to shop around. She said that she's send a 30mm professional HD Titanium wide angle lens valued at $250 for free. I also was told I would receive a 3 year warranty, but I have found nothing in the package that indicates this.

I received a lens, the box says High Definition Titanium, but when I went on their website to look at prices, the lenses shown had the High Definition Titanium imprinted right on the lens. Not so with the lens I received. I am now looking at each piece of equipment received, and then found I wasn't alone when I looked up 86th St Photo & Video.

I have also tried to research the location of this store, with no luck. Not that it will help much, but I haven't been able to find the receipt for the original purchase, although I have email confirmations, and even though it shows no individual prices.

Something needs to be done. Don't shop here! You'll get screwed!

Jill
Narrowsburg, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2007 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/86th-st-camera-video/brooklyn-new-york/86th-street-photo-video-scam-fraud-brooklyn-new-york-293383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content