Complaint Review: 86th Street Photo & Video

• Reported By: Knightdale North Carolina
  • 86th Street Photo & Video
    www.86photovideo.com
    Brooklyn, New York

86th Photo & Video Using Baiting To Sell Extremely Inflated Accessories Brooklyn New York

On 11-24-2008 I placed an order for a Garmin 850 GPS at their avertised price. I used a credit card. On 11-26-2008 I received an email asking me to verfy my order by phone.

I called. I was persuaded to by accessories to the GPS at overly inflated prices. I expressed that I did no want the accessories. End of conversation.

On 11-26-2008 I received an email expressing regrets that a notice from shipping indicated that they were out of stock of the Garmin 850 GPS. It would be 3-4 weeks before stock would be replenished. Several calls later, the last one being 12-31-2008, I was told that it would be 4-5 weeks before item would be restocked.

I have notified ic3.gov and filed a report. I will notify my credit card holder. Beware of their devious sales tactics.

Jim
Knightdale, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2008 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/86th-street-photo-video/brooklyn-new-york/86th-photo-video-using-baiting-to-sell-extremely-inflated-accessories-brooklyn-new-york-406834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content