Complaint Review: 86th Street Photo & Video

• Reported By: Springfield Illinois
  • 86th Street Photo & Video
    2845 86th St, Beooklyn, NY
    Nationwide

86th Street 86th Street Photo & Video Lied to me about a Garmin Nuvi 650 GPS requiring an SD card for $119. It is not needed per Garmin Tech Brooklyn New York

I found 86th St Video through a MySimon search. I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 650 GPS. I got an email saying to call the 800 number because there was a problem with my order.

They told me that the exp date did not come thru on the order.

Then I was told that I did not order an SD card and that the GPS would not work without it. They quoted me a price of $119 for a 512 SD card. After I ordered it, I found out that a 512 SD card should cost about $10.

The package was in transit with UPS, so I called 86th St and told them to contact UPS and have the package returned to them. They said this was not possible, another lie.

I am not going to open the package. I will have UPS send it back, and begin the fight to get the charges off of my credit card.

They are slick liars.

Alan
Springfield, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/86th-street-photo-video/nationwide/86th-street-86th-street-photo-video-lied-to-me-about-a-garmin-nuvi-650-gps-requiring-an-315349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content