Complaint Review: A Divorce By Phone

• Reported By: Jenny — Concord North Carolina United States of America
  • A Divorce By Phone

Internet
    United States of America

A Divorce By Phone Billed total amount to credit card without any payment authorization from card holder and did not bill in phases. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: All charges are agreed to in advance and stated in writting

*Author of original report: Follow up on #664138

As promised over the phone, the credit card used was not only to be billed in phases, but was charged the full amount quoted at once without consent form. I was told I would have complete support from start to finish during my divorce process and received none. I was told that I would receive a telephone call prior to every email being sent, but received no calls and only two emails. I was misquoted the cost of court processing fees. I was not informed that in my state I must be legally separated from my spouse for one year before I can begin the divorce filing process. If done before, all money paid to the court would be lost. Nothing I was told or explained over the telephone was correct.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2010 12:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/a-divorce-by-phone/internet/a-divorce-by-phone-billed-total-amount-to-credit-card-without-any-payment-authorization-f-664138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

All charges are agreed to in advance and stated in writting

AUTHOR: Jason - (USA)

When people hire a service it is reasonable that they pay the agreed to price.  Sometimes on a case by case basis we make exceptions and give people payment plans.

If this person was charged the full amount- that would have been what agreed to up front.

AUTHOR: Jenny - (United States of America)

Regarding #557725... Virtually identical experience for me, and I did file with the consumer complaints department of the North Carolina Attorney General's office!