Complaint Review: A Eastern Connection

• Reported By: Fort Myers Florida
  • A Eastern Connection
    255 Bayville Avenue
    Bayville, New York

A Eastern Connection car truck fraud vehicle shipping transport dishonest liars Bayville New York

*Consumer Comment: Use common sense

*Consumer Suggestion: They are a scam

In November 2006 I hired a company named A Eastern Connection Inc to ship my car across country and paid them $925 the same day as the order was placed, using a credit card. The vehicle was to be shipped December 20th or 21st. They never shipped my vehicle or performed any service whatsoever. I called them a minimum of once per week over the next month, and they would always tell me my vehicle would be shipped the next week. But they never once called to give me a status or to let me know that the vehicle would not be picked up, and it never was. Finally, a month later, they told me once again that it would be shipped the next week. I said I'd had enough and faxed them notice in writing of my cancellation.

They promptly faxed back a response to me saying they'd send me a refund check the next week. Why a refund check and not a chargeback to my credit card, I wondered, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt which they certainly didn't deserve. So now it's been over a month and, of course, a check or any contact has not arrived so I've contacted my credit card company who are currently trying to get me a refund.

Do not trust this company, they are a scam, they are totally unprofessional, rude, dishonest, and they will take your money and try to avoid you and refuse contact.

Thomas
Fort Myers, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2007 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/a-eastern-connection/bayville-new-york-11709/a-eastern-connection-car-truck-fraud-vehicle-shipping-transport-dishonest-liars-bayville-n-1031099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Use common sense

AUTHOR: Martin - (U.S.A.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3078459/ please use this address to further educate yourself in the transport industry. Why would you give someone money up front for a service that wasn't performed yet. You are giving them your car why would you give them money too? Did you ask if they were a broker or a trucking company? There are thousands of auto shippers that don't even own a truck.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

They are a scam

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

This company used to be called Autotrail Transporters and even V & C Warehouse (or something like that). If you look up Autotrail Transporters on this site and even Google them, you will see so many other complaints basically just like yours. This company seems to change its name when it has the BBB and the attorney general coming down on them. Make sure that you complain the NY attorney general and make sure that they know the former names this company has gone by. You can also complain to the U.S. DOT since they license this company.

Good Luck!