Complaint Review: A Leg UP

• A Leg UP
    756 Bathurst St.
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada

My husband and I used a pet/ house sitting service in Toronto called "One leg up" for the first time recently. We have a cat and an aquarium. We were led to believe that they would be sending us reports about their visits... we got two vague and brief ones from our ten days away. When we arrived home, we found our cat's kitty little FULL, her food bowl looked like it had been overflowed and her water fountain had completely evaporated and the water pump squealing having been left complicatedly DRY!!! I called A Leg Up on arrival and was told that they would call me back. They did, to tell me the sitter claimed she was here and did everything, including her water bowl. I said, based on evidence, she didn't. Even her "report" here says nothing about her water bowl having being filled. She said she would call me back again and she never did. After a week of waiting, I went to get my house keys, after a long time of waiting for it (I think the owner couldn't find it!), he finally returned. I asked if he was aware that I had called with a complaint. He said he wasn't the only one that worked there and no he knew nothing about it. I told him that I believe there had been no one in my house for at least the last two to three days and he said "well, we take pictures of every time the sitter does the work, just for a case like this...He looked for a while for the non existing pictures to prove the work had been done and said that he couldn't understand why they weren't in his system...he would get back to me with them...That was about three weeks ago. I suspect that I will never here back from them again...Use this company at your own risk!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/a-leg-up/toronto-ontario-m4j-4n8/a-leg-up-one-leg-up-toronto-ontario-1167774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Owner took responsibility and made amends to keep our business.

AUTHOR: Luna's justice - ()

The owner of 'A Leg Up' pet services, called us personally to apologize for any errors made or disatisfaction resulting from their services and made a partial refund and offer of a free pet care service. We were satisfied that his apology was sincere and his refund, as well as an offer to care for our cat in the future at no charge, was a genuine attempt to keep our business in the future.