Complaint Review: A Matter Of Fax Online Store

• Updated: Tue, April 29, 2008
  • Reported By: Murrysville Pennsylvania
  • A Matter Of Fax Online Store
    Internet

A Matter Of Fax Online Store No invoice, fake pricing, stay away! Harrison, New Jersey Internet

*Author of original report: They refunded my shipping charges!

I found the Brother MFC-230C printer at A Matter of Fax for $83, which included free shipping. Upon ordering, I received no invoice - only a notification that the order was being processed. Later, I received a tracking number for the product, but never an invoice.

My credit card ended up being charged $104 for what should have been $83! I see that the 'customer service' link at A Matter of Fax takes you to another site, which requires a 'login'. What a hoax.

I should have just bought the product at my local store.

I have filed a charge dispute with my credit card company.

G Slippy
Murrysville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2008 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/a-matter-of-fax-online-store/internet/a-matter-of-fax-online-store-no-invoice-fake-pricing-stay-away-harrison-new-jersey-int-328488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

They refunded my shipping charges!

AUTHOR: Gslippy - (U.S.A.)

In addition to filing a report here, I was surprisingly contacted by A Matter of Fax to fill out a routine customer followup survey. I complained about the overcharge.

TO THEIR CREDIT, they contacted me the very next day and offered to refund the shipping charges. Apparently, the "free shipping" offer is not automatic; you have to select it when you place the order. I mentioned that this was not obvious, and I had no intention of paying $20 to ship an $83 printer. I suppose you can select the free shipping if you don't mind waiting longer to receive the product, which would have been my option if I had noticed it. Nowhere did they mention the actual shipping charges, and I still never received an invoice, even with the product.

I mentioned that I had filed an online complaint about this transaction, and they requested that I amend it soon. I offered to do this as soon as the shipping charges were refunded and appeared on my statement.

However, they followed up 2 days later asking whether I had amended my online complaint. I reminded them that I would do so when the refund appeared, which it finally has.