Complaint Review: A New Concept

• Reported By: San Diego California
  • A New Concept
    2667 Camino Del Rio South Suite 110
    San Diego, California

I was first introduced to a New Concept at the popular Sand Castle Event in July07 down in Imperial Beach, Ca.

Took a picture of my daughter which was 9months at that time. Got picked up in Aug 07 and it cost $60 to hold her spot. Signed a $400 6 month contract with them.

Did my daughter's photoshoot in Sept 07 and after the fires in October I never heard from them. I tried calling and leaving messages, and they didn't return calls.

Then when I tried calling again I didn't get an answer machine anymore and I went there and they have cleaned everything out and I haven't heard anything from them.

I'm out $460, never got any of the beautiful pictures of my daughter and bummed for the holidays.

Igothurt2
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2007 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/a-new-concept/san-diego-california-92108/a-new-concept-child-model-san-diego-california-293730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Scammed a 1st time mother w/ adorable 8 mo. old.

AUTHOR: esined615 - (United States of America)

This is what happened with my daughter in Feb. 07.  I have heard some people lost $1000, but I paid a little over $400 and that is still a hardship.  They pressure you into signing the contract right away, so you can't go home and research it.  I thought they were legit b/c they said the money was going to comp cards and pictures and they were in the middle of remodeling their offices (I assumed that meant they were there to stay).  I can't believe I put my daughter through pictures when she was upset.  I sure hope I still have the "contract" from them and the district attorney for SD does something!  Good Luck to everyone who has been scammed, one day the people who started the scam will get what they deserve.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

File a claim

AUTHOR: Rosemarie - (U.S.A.)

Please file a claim with the San Diego District Attorney, they are working on this case.