Complaint Review: A Star Travel

• Phone: 1-800-231-3760
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

A Star Travel Scamed details, lied Tampa Florida

very pushy on the phone. very insistant that you made contact with them. very persuasive. Inundated with facts and info. was not given 2 seconds to think. was passed to many different extensions to complete my entry for my "prize". were very clever with getting the details. We just need 4 numbers, that is sufficient.

They shot themselves in the foot - each person on the phone had conflicting information. I was told I would not be charged until I confirmed my interest, then told It was being charged immediately. I copped on the phone that there was something wrong. tried to cancel there and then but they would not allow it - tickets were alreaady printed.When I became insistant, the man was very rude and aggressive. He proceeded to talk quickly and hung up.

Very suspicious.

Immediately contacted the credit card company and followed their instructions. Sent registered letters requesting a refund, e.mailed to ask for a cancellation. They said I could only cancel by phone. I phoned. I eventually got my money back from them but only after a long battle.

Anonymous
Dublin, Hawaii
Ireland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/a-star-travel/tampa-florida-33612/a-star-travel-scamed-details-lied-tampa-florida-428797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content