Complaint Review:

• Updated: Fri, February 19, 2016

• Reported By: Terry — San Jose California USA
AAMCO Transmission - Thornton Road, Fremont, CA
3670 Thornton Avenue 94536 Fremont, California USA

AAMCO Transmission - Thornton Road, Fremont, California Bad Quality - Failed transmission rebuild at 35,000 Miles Fremont California

I rebuilt the the transmissiono of my 2000 Isuzu Trooper at a cost of $3,500.00 plus when I lived near Fremont, CA.

The first sign of bad quality:

Delivered it a week later

Catalytic converter was very load -- waited another week before they re-delivered

Experienced "shutter" on accelerated take-off -- they convinced me that the rear axle needs rebuilding

Experienced "rattle noise"  directly under tranny / muffler area upon accelerating and letting go  - they attributed it to muffler

My gas consumption went up unexplained

For the record, tis is a 5th vehicle for me, which I drive an average of 7,000 miles per year.  It failed and began slipping after 35,000 miles. I took it back. They refused to honor warranty given the time lapse or even offer me fair credit toward another rebuild given that I only used it for 30% of its expected lifetime of 100K. Sadly, before warrantly expired, I took to other AAMCO locations; both assumed nothing wrong with Tranny (thanks to the selfish franchise system that does not reward other AAMOC locations for fixing what other AAMCO breaks)

I took my Trooper to (((REDACTED))) in San Jose. They discovered that the clutch was forced-in (misaligned) among other rebuild issues, causing extra metal wear and drag by the tranny.  (((REDACTED))) rebuilt it and my Trooper runs like a stalion with more power with none of the first signs I experienced after AAMCO; andy, yes, the rear axle is perfectly fine and i DOES NOT shutter on take-off anymore nor do I hear any other noise...

This AAMCO franchise is unethical and should not serve customers. Worse, the corporate office, did nothing

Terry

San Jose, CA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2016 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco-transmission-thornton-road-fremont-ca/fremont-california-94536/aamco-transmission-thornton-road-fremont-california-bad-quality-failed-transmission-1288794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO Transmission - Thornton Road, Fremont, CA