Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, August 15, 2016

• Reported By: Twanna — urbandale Iowa USA
Aamco transmission urbandale iowa
7501 hickman rd urbandale, Iowa USA

Aamco transmission urbandale iowa Had my transmission rebuilt at Aamco transmission of urbandale iowa. Mark McCoy the owner gave me a.price to rebuild my transmission. I had to consider the costs so I asked for a.day to decide as repair was over. $2000 the next day I received a.call fr warranty extortion urbandale Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Ripoff

used aamco owned by Mark McCoy had them tell me my transmission needed rebuilt. Gave me a price over $2k to repair my.car. I needed to discuss repair costs with husband so the.next day Mark called me offering a lower price if I paid him cash. I agreed to his quote and as I need my.car what else could I do. A week later.I received a.call that my car.was.ready. I was unable to access cash in.full so I was left with.my card to pay for repairs. Upon arrival Mark was.away from the shop. And I was presented with a invoice. Which I paid. Drove my.car.home within.an hour I received a call from Mark. Furious with me saying I ripped him off. And if I dont.bring full quote balance.in. cash he would void.my warranty. He was very.rude and.belidgerent. and seemed to have forgotten that I just spent over two thousand dollars in his shop. I do not recommend this shop to anyone. Nor do I believe that these cash deals are reported to the IRS. Based on the conduct of the owner I doubt it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2016 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco-transmission-urbandale-iowa/urbandale-iowa/aamco-transmission-urbandale-iowa-had-my-transmission-rebuilt-at-aamco-transmission-of-u-1322529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco transmission urbandale iowa

Ripoff

AUTHOR: Rick - (USA)

You are right, there was a ripoff. However, YOU ripped off the shop. They gave you a lower cash price because they have to pay a fee for every credit card purchase made. If you agreed to pay in cash, they would not have to pay that fee. You agreed to a lower price, then you did not keep your word causing them to lose money. The only rip off here was you ripping them off.